Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities: The Registered Nurse (RN) functions directly under the supervision of the Site Administrator and the Responsible Physician. The RN is responsible for providing nursing care in accordance with recognized Nursing Practice Standards and QCHC policies/guidelines.
- Perform all nursing activities in compliance with required standards and regulations.
- Assist Site Administrator in supervision of clinical staff.
- Participate in new employee orientations.
- Utilize QCHC manuals, policies, and procedures to guide appropriate actions.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings.
- Perform intake assessment, sick call, and medication administration accurately and in accordance with all guidelines.
- Document all assessments, orders and interventions in the patient record utilizing the correct forms and process.
- Contact physician as necessary to meet patient needs and report accurate and complete pertinent information.
- Demonstrate ability to perform all required nursing/technical skills appropriately and safely.
- Complete all assignments within the prescribed time frame.
- Foster support and cooperation among staff members to promote teamwork and fulfillment of the unit mission.
- Assist with assessment of clinical skills of each staff member relative to job responsibilities and identify ways to educate and correct any deficiencies.
- Participate in all CQI/performance improvement activities as assigned..
- Work closely with Site Administrator, Physician and other clinical staff to ensure continuity of care.
- Attend ALL mandatory meetings and 80% of non-mandatory meetings a year.
- Comply with all QCHC guidelines stated in the employee handbook.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.