ASP.NET MVC Developer - 1712
Advanced Systems Design is seeking an ASP.NET MVC Developer for our client located in Montgomery, AL.
Sorry, remote work will not be considered or negotiated for this position.
Seeking to hire an established Web Developer with experience in a variety of the more difficult Web tools and languages. The ASP.NET MVC Developer will develop, maintain, and support applications for the organizations Internet/Intranet sites. The ASP.NET MVC Developer will be responsible for the back-end and front-end development of assigned Web application(s). The ASP.NET MVC Developer will gather and analyze requirements; Code all or selected components of the application; Develop, maintain, and support all database components; Test all created or modified application components; Document components and applications; Publish/Deploy applications; Create system reports; Troubleshoot and support assigned applications; Research, evaluate and recommend new Internet tools and applications for use in assigned responsibilities and perform other related activities as needed
- 6+ years of IT work experience in software development, database design, installation and modification in an online environment
- Must be experienced with C#, ASP.NET MVC, WCF, SQL Server, AJAX, JQuery, Razor, and Bootstrap
- Must have experience using SSRS or RDLC for report development;
- Must have a working knowledge of IIS setup and management;
- Must have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have the ability to translate requirements into technical designs and functional code;
- Must be able to handle large, complex projects that require advanced skills in multiple technical environments;
- Must have a strong work ethic;
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to multitask and still pay attention to detail;
- Must have the ability to work cohesively within a team or independently.
- 6+ years building web applications using ASP.NET MVC, Web API, RESTful APIs, Web Services, IIS, HTML/CSS, JQuery, Razor, AJAX, and Bootstrap
- 6+ years of experience using C#, object-oriented programming
- 6+ years of SQL database development experience (Including SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS)
- 6+ years with data services technologies such as Entity Framework, WCF, XML, JSON, etc
- 2+ years of experience using TFS
- Experience with branching and merging in Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS);
- Knowledge of the deployment process and the ability to create automated builds;
- Ability to work as a project team member but also independently or as a project leader.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability and temperament to mentor more junior-level technical staff.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar
Relevant equivalent work experience above the minimum required
Advanced Systems Design, Inc. is:
- A leading Information Technology provider for Federal, State & Local government agencies.
- A certified minority-owned small business government contractor with capabilities related to Public Health IT, Criminal Justice, Transportation, and Defense.
- A certified service-disabled veteran-owned company with a proud 42-year track record of providing successful innovative solutions for our government customers.
- A drug-free workplace in accordance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988.
- Applicants who have a signed offer of employment or contractor agreement are subject to:
- the pre-employment testing protocol:
- background investigation
- drug screening
- Are actively working on next-generation technology projects with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, CDC, and a wide array of Federal, State, and Local agencies throughout the United States
- Are eligible for wide-ranging benefits and perks, including but not limited to:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance with PPO and HDHP/HSA options
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long-Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance - Company Paid
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation/Sick)
- Holiday Pay - Company Paid Federal Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Certification Incentive Plan
- Employee Referral Plan
- Technology Exposure
For additional information regarding Advanced Systems Design, please check out our WEBSITE or click HERE for all current job openings.
Advanced Systems Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.