Dole Fresh Vegetables is a division of Dole Food Company, a worldwide team of grower, packers, processors, shippers, and employees committed to consistently providing safe, high-quality fresh fruit, vegetables, and food products while protecting the environment in which its products are grown and processed.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
The IFRS intern will work with finance staff to successfully implement and establish new accounting standards to meet the requirements of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Additionally, the IFRS intern will evaluate and implement the creation of a vendor cash discount program and audit accounts payable transactions.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
Assist Finance Department staff and managers with various duties to include but not limited to:
- Reconciliation of various accounts
- Review invoices
- Record periodic journal entries
- Financial reporting special projects
- Work and analyze large datasets and spreadsheets
- Assist with the adoption and implementation of new accounting standards
- Evaluate a vendor cash discount program
- Conduct account payable transaction audits
- Other duties as assigned
- Approximate 20-hour work week; hours flexible
- Beginner to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of basic General Ledger Accounting
- Presentation of financial statements
- High level of attention to detail
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Senior or recent graduate with a bachelor's degree in or concentration of accounting or finance.
EEO STATEMENT: We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.