This is a brand new facility for Armstrong Flooring! Focus on loading and unloading materials, receive, stock, and assemble pallets of flooring material such as tile, tools, roll goods and adhesive materials.
Location: 7227 Telegraph Road, Montebello, CA 90640
Warehouse Associate Hourly Rate: $16.00/hour
Shift: Day Shift
How you’ll contribute to the team:
- Above all, keep yourself and your co-workers safe at all times by following all safety rules and policies, wearing all PPE, and keeping work area clean and organized at all times.
- Move boxes of flooring tiles, tools, adhesives, rolled goods during our unloading and loading process. Receiving, stocking, and assembling also.
- Use forklift to load and unload trailers, then transport the goods.
- Verify identity, quantity, SKU, and lot of floor tile and other materials through visual inspection of both incoming and shipped goods.
- Learn all warehouse equipment such as: forklifts (sit down), pallet trucks (powered and manual), spotter trucks (jockey trucks), powered vacuum truck, dock locks, door levelers, roll good cut machine (slitting equipment), palletizing equipment, banding and stretch wrapping equipment.
- Accurately and completely complete all data input and paperwork.
- Conduct all pre-shift equipment inspections and complete required documentation.
- Conduct cycle counts or other inventory control procedures or audits.
- Assist co-workers with cleaning and organizing your area (5S), and then move to another area.
- Place incoming and outgoing freight into staging area to be shipped, received,or put-away.
What you'll bring to the table:
- 2+ years previous employment in a warehouse distribution environment
- Considerable knowledge and experience with operating a fork truck, cherry picker, pallet trucks (both powered and manual)
- Basic math, computer, and Microsoft Office skills
- Prior experience using SAP Warehouse Management or similar WMS (such as Red Prairie or JD Edwards)
- Understanding and knowledge of shipping and receiving methods and procedures
- Ability to identify and resolve problems with orders, warehousing, and shipping without supervisor present for consultation
- Able to read, comprehend and comply with Job Safety Analysis and related safety requirements
- Must be available to work any shift and day of the week. Available and able to work overtime as required even with little or no advance notification
We'll be excited if you have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience using spotter truck for internal movement of trailers
- Prior experience operating vacuum trucks, stretch wrappers, and roll slitting machines