Sitetracker powers the successful deployment of critical infrastructure. As the global standard for managing high-volume projects, our platform enables growth minded innovators the ability to optimize their entire asset lifecycle.
You will join our Enhancement & Development Team as a Senior Salesforce Development Engineer (SFDC) working on new product functionality and customer requested enhancements to our software. You will have the opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team in a fast-growing company and gain extensive experience and knowledge working closely with senior technical architects.
You will be working with our cloud-based software, implemented on the force.com platform, using Apex, Visualforce and/or Lightning. Utilizing your great communication skills and passion for writing intelligent software using best practices, you will architect, customize, and configure new client implementations. You will implement new software features & client enhancements, perform unit and integration testing of code, and work directly with customers to gather requirements and translate into system functionality. Additionally, support existing functionality and address customer support needs.
The Skill Set
- Provide extensive custom development using force.com, working with Apex classes, triggers, components, VisualForce pages, and SOQL
- Leverage knowledge of Salesforce limits to work around blockers
- Contribute know-how of advanced system administration and configuration (Objects, Reports, Dashboards, Approval Processes, Workflow Rules, Security and Permissions)
- Build web services that interact with force.com
- Implement best practices and utilize them to train and mentor other developers and team members
- Lead a project team, including training sessions, standups, and provide issue resolution
- Gather and translate the business requirements of customers into technical requirements and relay the requirements to other team members
- Bring expertise in estimating and prioritizing workload adequately for themselves and team members
- Communicate effectively with a demonstrated history of working directly with clients
- Utilize computer science fundamentals and background
Within 60 Days, You'll
- Work in customer environments, developing custom solutions to enhance the features of our core product
- Know the ins and outs of the Sitetracker product offering as well as how to build and extend the functionality
- Begin working with other senior developers to architect custom solutions for our customers
- Know the development best practices and begin to help junior developers with questions about development practices
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Work with your manager to learn our deployment process
- Learn and leverage the LWC and Aura frameworks to develop customer customizations
Within 180 Days, You'll
- Develop the best customer enhancements
- Work with junior and senior developers to perform code reviews that follow Sitetracker coding standards
- Run daily standups and provide insights and answer questions about your current development workload
- Work with customers to gather requirements and be able to explain your solutions in a simplified non technical way
- Determine the best path to architect solutions and build out enhancements
- Drive customer adoption through requirements gathering and development best practices
- Act as the team representative for core features that you have developed
- Develop Lightning Web Components and build out full scale applications for customer use
Within 365 Days, You'll
- Mentor junior and mid-level developers on development practices
- Drive efficiencies in the team by being an advocate for process/coding standard improvement
- Define standards for new technologies
- Work with senior product developers to help drive your customer enhancements into the core product
- Contribute customizations and standardizations to the core product
- Develop on the core product for customer suggested features
- Build, architect, and maintain existing and new features for customer functionality
- Develop large scale modules in a generic way so that we can extend and enhance the Sitetracker product
Sitetracker was founded seven years ago with the singular focus of solving a problem that was first recognized within the telecommunications industry; how to effectively manage the volume, variety, and velocity of critical infrastructure projects needed to meet the demand of expanding wireless and cellular service. That problem has become even more pronounced due to the eventual explosion of 5G. Being able to effectively deploy infrastructure is going to be the differentiator between leading telecommunication providers.
However, over the years, we realized that this challenge isn’t localized to telecommunications – it’s pervasive nearly everywhere and has reached an inflection point. Utilities (such as gas and electric services), smart cities, and alternative energy all face similar challenges. Sitetracker is the only full-lifecycle project management platform suited to support these companies and address these challenges.
We are exceptionally proud of the company we’ve built (we were recently recognized as the #2 place to work in San Francisco, as well as one of the top places to work in the entire United States). Our people are extraordinary and we’re continuing to invest in our people-first culture.