As a Cafe Server, you are responsible for selling by providing exceptional customer service in the Cafe through our cafe service standards. You make the Cafe experience interactive and engaging by enthusiastically sharing your knowledge about our products and services and meeting the needs of the customer. You care about and value people and exemplify our core values.
- Deliver exceptional customer service that ensures sales and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Execute on the cafe service standards: offer a warm welcome, recommend add-ons, personalize the customer's order, offer membership, and thank the customer.
- Greet and establish rapport with customers, proactively engaging them in conversations about our Café products, services, and promotions to determine their needs and recommend the right products.
- Ensure all customer transactions are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Prepare and serve drinks and food in accordance with the Cafe standards and health code.
- Perform all support tasks in the Cafe, including baking, completing prep sheets, cleaning cases and equipment, and restocking displays.
- Use the maintenance checklists throughout the day to maintain Cafe cleanliness.
- Drive sales by engaging all customers in our café and customer sampling of Cafe products.• Ensure execution and compliance with operational standards for the Cafe.
- Perform all opening and closing tasks.
- Protect Company assets by ensuring the accurate execution of loss prevention procedures, including cashiering and inventory standards, waste logs monitoring, sample recording, coupon redemption and discount and return policies.
- Help orient new café servers, ensuring a smooth acclimation to the store and our bookselling culture.
- Assist in any area of the store as needed.
- Passion for selling
- Strong communication skills
- Spend the majority of time on the selling floor, which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing)
- Availability for early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays to align with store needs