Machinist A - 3rd Shift
BUSINESS: CIRCOR Industrial
LOCATION: Monroe NC
DIRECT REPORTING: Operations Manager
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: Operation
Demonstrated ability to operate manual and CNC machinery for the manufacture of metal components to specific print dimensions and tolerances. Work from engineering drawings and specifications to manufacture metal components. Use gages and instrumentation for adherence to ultra-precision tolerances. Must be able to work independently and use good judgment. Problem Solve in the following areas: Quality, Tooling, Productivity, Throughput, and Maintenance. Must understand basic program structure and perform shop floor programs as required. Operate and understand manual and CNC machinery. Support Lean Initiatives / Continuous Improvement. Perform other duties as responsibilities necessitate.
- Inspect components of unit prior to assembly. Build and assemble pump according to instructions. Disassemble and inspect as required.
- Make necessary inspection checks and chart dimensions as required, to insure accuracy of part due to tool wear or deflection.
- Select and set proper holding devices, fixtures, and necessary attachments; layout as required. Position part or parts to be machined on machine table using lifting equipment as required; clamp in position for machining so as to avoid springing or damage to finished surfaces.
- Adjust and set cutting tools in tool changers or heads, grind single point cutting tools as required; select proper speeds and feeds; select and set attachments such as dividing heads and rotary index table as required.
- Machine a variety material of work such as castings, forgings, weldments, and bars requiring separate machining to co-related dimensions and surface involving operations such as milling and drilling of all kinds, hand tapping, boring, reaming, and turning. Surface and OD Grinding.
- Work from verbal or written instructions, with or without job tag instructions; read and work from blue prints, charts sketches, process specifications and masters. Perform all duties without assistance, except on unusual or difficult jobs. Consistently produce work of proper quality and of proper required quantity.