La-Z-Boy is looking for Customer Service Superstars at our World Headquarters Call Center.
BASIC FUNCTION: With direct and indirect supervision, this entry-level position receives and responds to general and routine customer calls regarding La-Z-Boy products and services. Working within established guidelines, this position is responsible for delivering superior customer service in a respectful, courteous and timely manner to ensure customer's concerns are addressed through to resolution.
Must be available to work multiple shifts for the first year between the hours of 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, Mon-Sat, and Sun 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. One weekend day is required each week. Starting pay is $12.50 per hour; overtime may be required based on call volumes.
- Successfully completes training to become knowledgeable of the La-Z-Boy company including products, services and organization.
- Serves as the first point of contact to respond professionally and courteously to general and routine customer inquiries, requests and complaints.
- Research, resolve, and effectively respond to inquiries received via telephone calls, e-mails, social media/chat, and U.S. Postal mail in a timely manner
- Order service parts (ASAP & RMS) needed to resolve customer service issues (warranty and non-warranty)
- Escalate problems or decisions to appropriate individual based on established guidelines and procedures when necessary (i.e., product liability issues)
- Make decisions regarding service refunds
- Authorize and generate credits and returns
- Defuse difficult customers in order to successfully communicate and develop a solution
- Authorize merchandise discounts in appropriate situations
- Negotiate with and direct dealer for assistance in resolution
- Maintain product, process, and system knowledge as required
- Authorize and perform production order maintenance as appropriate
- Returns all routine and general customer calls in a timely manner.
- Responds to and may initiate outbound call to close the loop on general and routine customer calls.
- Ensures customer's concerns are understood and explains resolution clearly to the customer.
- Enters service and product data into computer for billing, delivery, scheduling, and tracking purposes.
- Logs and records information about customer support interactions by inputting information into Company systems and updating information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Works closely with peers to resolve the customer's questions or concerns in a timely manner.
- Receives and reviews metric reports and action plans with the Customer Service Supervisor to understand individual performance, impact and opportunities for development.
- Receives and relays customer feedback about services and products, funneling it to the appropriate departments, divisions or as directed to support efforts for continual process improvement.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred and/or one plus year work experience in a service related field.
- The ability to respectfully and effectively provide customer service support as obtained through at least one year of experience providing person or phone-based service in a high volume customer service environment
- Excellent customer service – friendly, courteous, empathetic and helpful; interpersonal skills and telephone etiquette.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong listening skills with ability to maintain balance between empathy to situation and administration of warranty guidelines.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Multi task oriented.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Teamwork – work effectively and productively with others.
- Ability to assist others to interpret policies and warranties.
- Ability to defuse angry customer in order to successfully communicate and develop solution.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as service schematics, operating instructions and procedures manual (technical instructions in diagram form).
- Ability to handle very large volumes of work without quality of work deteriorating.
- Ability to manage stress caused by high volumes of work and negativity related to continuous problems.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None