Guest Service Representative R7 - Store 336
The Guest Service Representative is responsible for delighting Thorntons guests with prompt and courteous service, maintaining merchandise, and supporting store goals and initiatives.
Essential Job Functions (RESPONSIBLE TO)
- Delivers guest service with a “how may I help you“ attitude. Looks for opportunities to delight guests and follows instructions from store management.
- Ring all sales as discussed in the operations procedures.
- Assure proper sale and accounting of money orders/lottery during shift.
- Accurately account for price overrides, store use of merchandise, voids, returns and waste.
- Keep coolers, fast lane merchandise, store shelves, and displays fully stocked and fronted at all times.
- Clean and maintain equipment and ready high-margin products such as coffee, fountain drinks, etc.
- Use suggestive selling techniques to suggest items to guests that complement their purchases, and asks our guests if they are a refreshing rewards member at the beginning of every transaction.
- Ensure that the Store Management is made aware of all sales, cash, or operating discrepancies.
- Clean windows, floors, shelving, counters, gas pumps regularly, and restrooms per store operating procedures (daily check list).
- Clean the parking lot and grounds surrounding the store as needed.
- Advise store management of any maintenance or safety problems.
- Practices safe working habits that align with company safety rules
- Properly uses the Guest Service Department for guest service issues
- Stay familiar with all Thorntons policies applicable to the GSR position as outlined on Thorntons Intranet.
- Adheres to all city, county, and state alcohol and tobacco and all other applicable laws and regulations
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Maintain PAR levels as outlined on PAR sheet per store expectations.
∼ High School Diploma or GED
∼ All experience will be considered
∼ Ability to speak, read, understand, and write the English language.
∼ Ability to perform accurate mathematical calculations
∼ High energy and strong work ethic.
∼ Excellent interpersonal skill.
∼ Strong guest service skills.
∼ Works well with others in a team environment
∼ Sufficient visual acuity to check identification and process money orders.
∼ Ability to read and understand instructions for operation of electronic cash registers and other equipment.
∼ Ability to read electronic fuel reports.
∼ Must be able to climb a ladder to clean windows, stock shelves, make price changes, etc.
∼ Properly records time on the TOTS systems and signs a time report verifying all hours worked
∼ Understands that company funds are not available for personal use