Job ID: 2018-11578
Career Level: experienced
Location: Moncks Corner,South Carolina,United States
The Continuous Improvement [CI] Leader will provide technical and business support to the overall deployment of Continuous Improvement initiatives at the Moncks Corner plant. The CI Leader will be responsible for assisting various functional teams in project selection and establishment of dashboard metrics. Additionally, s/he will provide coaching, counseling and development of individual BBs/GBs and Continuous Improvement specialists/IE's. Other responsibilities include conducting BB/GB, and Lean training sessions and developing Continuous Improvement reporting metrics, working with and supporting functional leaders to identify and generate solutions to eliminate barriers to process improvement and assisting in driving quality awareness and improving communication to the organization regarding quality efforts. The CI Leader will be responsible for on-going development, execution, and maintenance of Corporate Six Sigma & Lean Continuous Improvement policies and practices as well as overseeing the certification and guidance of Lean Leaders, Six Sigma Master Black Belts, Black Belts and Greenbelts.
Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
- Deploy Corporate Continuous Improvement programs, policies, and processes at the Moncks site
- Provide expert coaching on the full range of Lean & Six Sigma tools and methods (process improvement, design for Six Sigma and process management). Provide technical (quality tool) and change management expertise to the organization
- Facility Lean, Black Belt and Green Belt training waves, conduct Lean Line leader trainings
- Lead and facilitate Kaizen & Blitz events to drive improvements in Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost
- Work with Plant Leadership to identify, lead and prioritize process improvement opportunities and drive favorable variances to the P&L
- Provide Plant Leadership with support, tools and training to conduct meaningful project reviews
- Drive adoption of best practices developed by CI Teams across regional and functional area(s)
- Oversee the plant Operations Excellence team; IE & Co-ops
- Willingness to travel 10%
Essential job Functions:
- Structured analytical and problem solving techniques
- Working knowledge of cGMPs and ISO
- Strong interpersonal skills including communication, facilitation, consulting, coaching, and influencing
- Knowledgeable in evolving Lean and Six Sigma concepts and tools and actively connected to latest CI industry trends
- Ability to work effectively with Plant Leadership/Senior Management
- Demonstrated ability to teach, mentor and coach Lean Leader, Black Belts and Champions
- Strategic Business Sense
- Demonstrated project management excellence. Track record of results
- Excellent Team facilition/leadership skills. Teamwork/collaborative style
- Excellent verbal and written communication and prsentation skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle mutiple/detail-oriented tasks
- Proficiency with key PC software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Minitab)
Education and/or Experience:
- BS Degree/Masters Degree with emphasis in Business
- Certified in Six Sigma or Lean with minimum of 5 years experience in areas of Six Sigma, Lean, DFSS, and consulting.
- Team leadership experience and proven talent as a change leader.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands or arms (to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls). The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift 35 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- The Personal Protective Equipment required to perform this job safely includes safety glasses and appropriate shoes. The employee would occasionally use ear plugs.