Software Engineer III
Location: Moline, IL
Duration: 13 months
- Works on a product team and supports product design by planning its work, coordinating with others, and writing and testing code to deliver functionality for the complete product or products it supports.
- This level designs complex/significant parts of a system/sub-system or works on a complete product of a broad scope and solves well defined problems with little guidance.
- May act as a work lead, providing technical coaching to other engineers and support personnel;
- Recognized as an expert user of critical technology; develops new software functionality for product development.
- Develops, codes, configures, and tests programs and systems.
- Evaluates and implements enhancement design solutions to improve cost, quality, and performance of software applications.
- Analyzes assignments and determines software specifications that must be fulfilled to achieve objectives.
- Executes necessary documentation, as directed, or needed.
- Collaborates with other relevant stakeholders and team members to ensure that features meet business needs.
- Follows industry-standard agile software design methodology for development and documentation.
- Mentors junior software engineers on the team.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellence in verbal and written communication forms with emphasis on persuasive communication, tact and negotiation. (Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.)
- Ability to analyze, translate, and define business requirements into technical solutions. (Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.)
- Ability to apply engineering principles and concepts for designs. (Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.)
- Ability to manage many competing priorities/requests in a fast-paced environment (Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.)
Relevant work experiences:
- Product design, test and/or analysis experience. (4 - 7 years)
- Previous experience in programming/software development. (4 - 7 years)
- Software development processes experience. (4 - 7 years)
- Participating in Agile Development (4 - 7 years)
- Experience working in an Agile Environment (4 - 7 years)
Specific Position Requirements:
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability