$5,000 Sign On Bonus
Moline Express Care (19th Ave and 1st St)
(2) 12 hour shifts, (2) 8 hour shifts, every other weekend rotation
This position will be a Radiology Technologist for the Moline (19th Ave and 1st Street) location. They will do x-ray exams for Express Care and in downtime, this position will be trained to work as clinical staff and will care for and room patients, as needed.
Why UnityPoint Health?
- Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
- Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Assist in the delivery of primary health care services and patient care management.
Demonstrate competence in the skills necessary to carry out assigned duties.
Accurately performance diagnostic exams of patient
Perform all x-ray examinations as requested by provider using proper MA, KV, Time and Distance parameters, assuring proper shielding for patient.
Complete appropriate forms for recordkeeping and properly store films.
Provide proper education of procedure to patients, their family, and others as needed
Employ proper radiation protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
Practice sterile techniques and prevent cross-contamination to patients.
Assist with first aid as necessary.
Develop films according to procedures.
Assure x-ray referral log is completed and reviewed for return of x-rays in a timely manner.
Provide information to appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. health department).
Perform quality control activities on radiation emitting equipment and darkroom equipment to ensure optimum image quality.
Verify that an annual and successful inspection is performed by a Radiation Physicist.
Meet the department work schedule.
Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
Monitor environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Graduate of an AMA-approved school of radiologic technology. Must pass ARRT examination/registration in striving for self-improvement within twelve months of employment.
· Previous clinical experience in a medical office preferred.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· High school diploma required if work is performed in a complex CLIA lab.
· Must have a current Iowa/Illinois/Wisconsin permit to practice.
· Must maintain ARRT registration.
· Current license to perform radiologic procedures.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Able to write, read, comprehend and speak fluent English.
· Strong computer skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.