Who we are
The Spaceship Company (TSC) is an affiliate of Virgin Galactic as a space-system manufacturing organization. Headquartered at Mojave Air and Space Port in Mojave, California, it is building and testing a fleet of WhiteKnightTwo carrier aircraft and SpaceShipTwo reusable spaceships that, together, form Virgin Galactic's human spaceflight system. Like many Virgin companies across the world, its team of over 400 talented and dedicated engineers, technicians and professionals are drawn together by a willingness to disrupt and challenge the status quo and deliver innovative aerospace solutions to our customers' needs. TSC's extensive capabilities encompass preliminary vehicle design and analysis, manufacturing, ground testing, flight testing and post-delivery support.
TSC and the greater Virgin Organization have a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door“, be a self-starter and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Who You Are
TSC is looking for Project Specialist to join our Contracts Team. You'll be a logistical expert in syncing multiple calendars, rosters, data reports and more. Successful candidates will have stellar computer skills, a superb customer service style, and be willing to take on any task needed to support the team. Reporting to the Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for reviewing and negotatiting new contracts with our agency partners, coordinating interviews, ensuring the smooth onboarding of our contract staff, tracking performance metrics and other data as well as taking on special projects as needed. If you have a great attitude and a creative mind then you will feel right at home. You will find yourself amongst the best and brightest while being part of a pioneering organization!
- High volume scheduling of phone and virtual interviews with candidates and hiring managers
- Partner with hiring managers to guarantee smooth efficiencies throughout the scheduling process
- Clearly communicate with agency partners to guarantee an exceptional candidate experience
- Use our applicant tracking system to support the contracts manager
- Respond to requests from hiring managers in a timely fashion
- Maintain contractor training records
- Support start day orientation
- Keep contractor rosters up to date for various client groups
- Track contractor absences
- Review and negotiate contracts
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Special projects as assigned
What you bring
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in Staffing agency (highly preferred), Recruiting, or related experience in meeting fast-paced client needs
- Including experience in contracts review and negotiations
- Strong understanding of contractor labor laws highly desirable
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with Microsoft office with heavy excel experience
- Powerpoint expertise is a plus
- Bachelor's degree desirable
- You're flexible. You possess an organic, yet professional ease at working with and relating to the needs of clients in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- You've had previous experience in processing and administrative tasks and are accustomed to problem-solving for clients with a positive attitude
- You have stellar communication skills, with the professional savvy of communicating at all levels
- You're extremely flexible, proactive, highly organized, and able to easily shift priorities
- You have exceptional follow-through and attention to detail
ITAR RequirementsTo conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
The Spaceship Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Spaceship Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.