Serving the greater Stanislaus County with 423 acute care beds, Memorial Medical Center MMC provides a full continuum of care, including:
- 24-hour emergency care
- inpatient and outpatient surgery
- specialty services in obstetrics, pediatrics, nuclear medicine, dialysis therapy, diagnostic imaging, intensive care, sleep disorders and physical therapy
- a Level II Trauma Center
Memorial Medical Center is an accredited Chest Pain Center and STEMI (heart attack) Receiving Center.
MMC is part of Sutter Health, one of the nation's top five large health systems thanks to its integrated network of physician, employee and volunteer pioneers—more than 60,000 people strong. Rooted in Sutter Health's not-for-profit mission, these team members partner to deliver exceptional care that feels personal. From physician offices to hospitals to outpatient care centers and home services, they proudly support and learn from the more than 3 million people in their care—nearly 1 percent of the U.S. population, in one of the most diverse and innovative regions in the world.
The Surgical Services Assistant coordinates and prioritize unit activities, in conjunction with Charge RN, Circulating RN, Surgical Technologist, Physician, and Anesthesiologist to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the Surgical Services departments. Primary activities include procedure room preparation, patient positioning, patient transportation, and environmental control to ensure the safe handling of patients, positioning devices, and disinfection agents. In addition to primary activities the Surgical Services Assistant is responsible for the transportation, cleaning, and setting up of equipment for surgical procedures.
- High school diploma or GED or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic Life Support Certification – HealthCare Provider (BLS-HCP) required upon hire or within 90 days of start date.
- 6 months to 2 years previous hospital experience, such as patient mobilization / patient care / equipment technician experience in a surgery department required
- Must be able to work occasional on-call / standby as an individual will be required to be part of the call rotation and holiday coverage.
- Must be able to work occasional PM or weekend shifts
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledgeable of proper body mechanics and safe transfer techniques. Knowledge and safe operation of a variety of surgical and transport equipment. (Beginner proficiency)
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a rapidly changing, fast-paced, and challenging environment. (Intermediate proficiency)
- Ability to handle multiple and competing demands, prioritizing multiple requests. (Beginner proficiency)
- Must be able to understand, read, and write the English language. (Intermediate proficiency)