Sutter Gould Medical Foundation (SGMF) is a non-profit, multi-specialty health care organization affiliated with Sutter Health. Based in Modesto, SGMF provides quality medical care, health education and research activates in a five-county area. SGMF's medical staff includes family practitioners, internists and pediatricians, as well as a range of specialist physicians. Services include imaging, nuclear medicine, a health library, health education programs, occupational medicine, diabetes education, nutrition counseling, infertility counseling, weight management and pharmacy.
Accurately performs cardiovascular tests as ordered by a physician within her/his scope of practice. Accurately document tests, which are performed. Forwards copies of results in a timely manner to the appropriate physician(s).
- Associate's degree in Healthcare field or equivalent
- Understanding of ambulatory health care practices such as would be gained working in a physician's office for one year
- Experience operating imaging equipment and performing required studies.
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) upon hire
- Able to travel 10%
Minimum Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology, in particular the cardiovascular system.
- A knowledge of what constitutes an emergency requiring a physician's immediate attention.
- A knowledge of medical terminology.
- A knowledge of computers and their applications.
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively in English.
- Willing to cross-train in other departments.
- Ability to accept, implement and evaluate change.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities paying particular attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively operate imaging equipment and prepare patient for the test.
- Organizational skills are important for this position.
- The ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities and demands on time.
- Excellent customer service skills are required for this position.
- Requires the ability to scan images in multiple planes, and be able to produce exams that have complete and accurate information.
- Exams must be diagnostically accurate and acceptable to physicians interpreting the data.