The Certified Phlebotomy Tech I will assist the Clinical Laboratory Scientist by performing venipuncture and microcollection techniques for all age groups including newborns, infants, toddlers, pediatric patients, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients including responding to all traumas, code blues, medical alerts and various hospital emergencies such as disasters, etc.. Punctual and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position. Functions include appropriately identifying, labeling and processing all samples. The Certified Phlebotomy Tech I will comply with all requirements as defined by the laws and regulations relating to Clinical Laboratories from the state of California Business and Professional Code and the California Code of Regulation.
Serving the greater Stanislaus County with 423 plus acute care beds, Memorial Medical Center provides a full continuum of care including 24-hour emergency care, inpatient and outpatient surgery, obstetrics, pediatrics, nuclear medicine, dialysis therapy, diagnostic imaging, intensive care, physical therapy, and home health. Specialized care includes Memorial Regional Cancer Center and Memorial Heart Institute.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid Phlebotomy Technician I Certificate, issued by the CA State Dept. of Health Services, Laboratory Field Services.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Minimum of six-(6) months data entry/computer experience.
- Ability to read, write hear and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
- AA degree with some science classes.
- Prior experience in a hospital setting.