Why do we do what we do; Why is it important?
For most of us, it’s because it enables us to have a direct and meaningful impact on the communities and environment in which we live and serve. Across the continuum of our expertise and projects, our work: transforms the world; enables economies; creates healthier and more engaging cities and neighborhoods; and designs, plans and engineers the very infrastructure that sustains and improves our world. Simply stated, the work we do everyday matters. We Make a Difference every day with every engagement.
So what does a Project Architect at Michael Baker International do?
As an integral component of our Architecture/Engineering Practice, we are looking for an experienced licensed architect who is enthusiastic and motivated with responsibilities including design and documentation for a broad range of project types. This individual will have experience working with a multi-disciplinary-architectural/engineering team in preparing documents for large transportation/aviation/governmental projects for various public agencies and entities. Assist with Architectural Design work, and team management from concept design through project completion for projects requiring interface and collaboration with various disciplines and consultants Demonstrate creative problem-solving, organizational skills, strong production management capabilities, and a good understanding of construction documents and constructability. This position would include advancement to project management, client management/marketing and team leadership roles; the architectural department is growing and there are opportunities for professional growth within this practice area of the firm. Membership in professional organizations
Can you walk me through a typical day of a Project Architect?
- Prepares Architectural drawings and/or supervises their execution for all phases of a project.
- Performs analysis of design and construction systems, planning studies, design layouts and construction details.
- Conducts site and construction inspections for information-gathering purposes and prepares reports.
- Executes code analysis, material selections, and technical solutions.
- Lead and coach junior architectural staff
- Perform independent investigations, studies, and architectural analysis.
- Develop design details, plans and specifications.
- Coordinates with other disciplines. Plan, schedule, coordinate, manage and oversee the work of lower-level architects who assist with particular projects.
- Interfaces with clients and serves as the primary point of contact for project assignments.
- Provides the full range of architectural services including design, production and construction administration, with the assistance of support staff and upper management.
What can I expect for a career path, and where might this role take me?
- We are committed to the growth of our internal personnel, and we support this with world class learning and development that leads to career advancement.
- As your knowledge, experience and capabilities increase, opportunities in project or program management, technical or operations management, and business development may develop as career paths.
Could you be the Sr. Project Architect we are looking for?
- You’ll need a BS/BA Architecture; Bachelor of Architecture; or MS/MA Architecture
- Possess licensure as a Registered Architect (RA)
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the design and documentation of architecture projects, including well-developed skills in three-dimensional visualization and comprehensive building design
- Design talent, graphic presentation and effective visual/verbal communication skills are essential.
- You should possess a proficient understanding of inter-relationships among design/engineering disciplines, clients, and constructors
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential to success in this role
- Naturally, you’ll need to demonstrate proficiency in Building Information Modeling (BIM)[Autodesk Revit Architecture 2016]/AutoCAD 2016 and Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) computer skills
- Experience with graphics/rendering software SketchUp, Adobe 3D Max, Maya, Rhino, etc.) to quickly and effectively communicate ideas is preferred
The salary range for this position is $72,640 – 151,334. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate