Entry Level Inspector
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in 100 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
We are a national leader in Construction Services staff supports clients by acting as their trusted on-site agent through all phases of construction, from pre-design to close-out, by providing qualified construction managers, inspectors, constructability reviewers, schedulers, estimators and safety experts. As new technologies evolve throughout the construction industry, innovative ideas are required to maintain and deliver successful construction projects.
Michael Baker is actively seeking an Entry Level Inspector to join our Bridge Inspection Team. This position typically performs assignments under the general supervision and direction of the Project Manager or Field Supervisor.
• Routine sampling and testing of component materials for highway and roadway construction projects in accordance with the construction contract documents.
• Provide daily surveillance of the contractor’s quality control activities at the project site and maintain a daily log of construction and inspection activities
• Responsible for performing highly complex technical assignment in field surveying and construction layout.
• Perform and check engineering computations.
• Must be able to interpret construction plans, standards and specifications.
• Conduct work in a safety manner
• 0-3 years of experience in construction inspection of which two have been in bridge and/or roadway construction inspection.
• High School diploma
• Organized, determined, and resourceful; demonstrate a sense of urgency while accurately and safety performing the work and be able to build relationships with a wide variety of people.
• Must have excellent customer service skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Valid Alabama driver’s license and pass an annual motor vehicle record check.
• Proficient with Microsoft office programs including Word and Excel. Enter data rapidly and accurately and operate tools and equipment.