Location: Mobile, AL
Job ID: #63824
Citizenship Requirement: US Citizen
Must work onsite - remote is not offered for this role
Min years of experience: 5+ years in engineering managerial position based on job description
Degree Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college in Engineering with 5 years in managerial position per job description.
Position Summary: Manage all aspects of engineering activities in compliance with the Maintenance Repair Station, FAA, the manufacturer, the Customer and standards for airworthiness and maintenance operations.
- Manage the engineering services team to support the ADS Military aircraft platforms (C212, CN235, C295), to meet customer requirements.
- Develop engineering projects, from the initial phase to final testing and certification of the installation on the aircraft. Determine the best certification strategy.
- Guide the development of engineering, technical reps, and training team in establishing goals, procedures and plans for the department.
- Provide detailed quotes for engineering services.
- Develop documentation for new STC and non-STC avionic systems installations.
- Act as project lead and certification lead for new and existing projects.
- Identify staff development and training needs and ensure positive employee performance development.
- Maintain a culture promoting flight safety, as well as health and safety and lead by example.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Aeronautical/Aerospace)
- 5 + years’ experience in an aerospace engineering and managerial position
- Aircraft Systems and FAA 14 CFR knowledge
- Knowledge of ISO and EASA Certification Specifications (CS) is preferred
- Computer literate: MS Project, MS Office Suite, and various CAD programs
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Highly organized individual who is able to work with limited supervision.
- May frequently be required to travel (domestic and/or international).
- Computer literate: MS Project, MS Office Suite, and ERP programs.
- Must be able to interact cordially and productively with subordinates, co-workers and supervisors.
- Must understand, read and write proficiently in the English language to read and understand appropriate manuals, schematics, and technical information necessary to adequately perform duties.
- Must be able to walk around regularly.
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office suite packages.
- 25% Domestic and International (Spain/France)
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.