Automotive Diesel Technician
NOW HIRING DIESEL TECHNICIANS in HUNTSVILLE!
- SIGN ON BONUS OF $10,000
- OFFER MOVING EXPENSES AND A GUARANTEE OF $80,000 PER YEAR FOR EXPIERENCED TECHNICIANS!
- WORK OUR STATE OF THE ART TRUCK SHOP 8 DESIGNATED BAYS WITH ITS OWN ALIGNMENT MACHINE!!!
- ALL SPECIAL TOOLS SUPPLIED, TOOL PROGRAM AVAILABLE FOR CANIDATES
DON'T MISS OUT ON A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO BE PART OF AN AWARD WINNING TEAM WHO PLACES AN EMPHASIS ON WORK LIFE BALANCE AND POSITIVE WORK ENVIROMENT!!!!!!!
We at Landers McLarty Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram of Huntsville, Alabama are looking for Diesel Technicians to join our Truck Shop Team. We offer the best pay plans in the industry, health, dental, vision, disability, life benefits and 401K retirement plans.
ASE Certification, Manufacturer Certification or Technical College Certification preferred but not required if candidate has prior experience in the field.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to join an award-winning team. APPLY TODAY!!!
The Automotive Technician is responsible for the actual service and/or repair of vehicles assigned to them by service management or their designated representatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Properly complete the service and/or repairs for which the technician is trained as assigned by management or their designated representative.
- Complete all work according to the applicable safety requirements and published procedures.
- Maintain an inventory of normal mechanical tools to include screwdrivers, wrenches, socket wrenches, pliers, hammers, chisels and punches and other tools needed to perform the work for which the technician is trained and not normally inventoried by the service department as “special tools“.
- Properly use the special tools and equipment provided by the service department.
- Participate in and utilize technical training as assigned by management. Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Produce quality work that evidences pride of workmanship. Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Maintain the work space assigned in an organized and cleanly manner.
- Ensure that customer vehicles are returned to them as clean as they were prior to being serviced.
- Maintain personal grooming, hygiene and uniform standards according to departmental policy.
- Make every effort to achieve the production objectives set by management.
- Review the technical bulletins and other publications as assigned by management.
- Provide the administrative assistance necessary to complete warranty repair orders and other tasks assigned by management.
- Use shop supplies and materials in a practical and economical manner.
- Constructively communicate with other dealership personnel as required to satisfy customer needs.
- Report to management any situation or condition that would jeopardize the safety, welfare, or integrity of the dealership, its customers or employees.
- Road tests vehicles when required or refers to the test technician.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Follows federal, state and local law as well as company policy about safeguarding all information.
- Reports on time to work and follows schedule that is given. Calls supervisor if he/she cannot be at work on time.
- Keeps current with annual HR training along with any other training that might be required for this position.
- Follows all company policies and procedures. Notifies supervisor of any illegal activity.
- The individual must maintain an acceptable driving record according to our insurance standards at all times.
- No employee or applicant should be under the influence of any substance including medical marijuana on-site or during work hours. Further, employees under the influence of are prohibited from undertaking any task that would constitute negligence or professional malpractice, and are prohibited from operating any type of powered vehicle or powered equipment - handheld or otherwise.