Advertising Support Specialist - Cox Media
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
At Cox Media, we believe in recognizing outstanding work, investing in our teams and building authentic relationships. With nearly 30 offices in 13 different states, Cox Media covers 19 markets and 6 million households across our aggregated footprint, connecting advertisers of all sizes to audiences across multiple screens. Using everything from cable TV to the latest digital products, we create multi-platform advertising campaigns to exceed our clients’ marketing objectives.
The Advertising Support Specialist plays a critical role in the coordination, troubleshooting, and processing of advertising orders for our clients. This position requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills as they will interact daily with our sales teams, clients, and our Atlanta-based Fulfillment and Operations teams. This position requires strong attention to detail and the ability to work in a fun, fast-paced, deadline and process-driven environment.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Reviewing incoming orders to maximize open inventory and rate pricing strategies.
- Accurately submitting all advertising orders using the appropriate fulfillment processes and systems
- Ensuring ad copy is submitted, approved and corrected if necessary
- Investigating pre-empted spots, submitting makegood solutions, and ensuring that makegoods are processed
- Responding to customers’ questions and requests, and solving schedule-related problems
- Monitoring key business reports and taking action to engage the client and sales consultants in modifications, changes, and/or client notifications needed.
- Providing post-campaign details to clients and offering expertise in fulfillment optimization solutions
- Collaborating with sales consultants to effectively develop schedule proposals and presentations based on product mix, inventory availability, rating information, research, and rate card information.
- Attending job-related training
- 2 or more years of experience preferred in related fields (i.e. customer service, sales support, operation support, media sales environment, etc.)
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications in a work or non-work setting
- Excellent skills in adaptability applied learning, collaboration, customer service orientation, high impact communication, initiating action, problem-solving and troubleshooting, quality orientation, reasoning, self-organizing, and written communication, in order to work effectively with teams throughout the organization.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or Public Relations discipline strongly desired (sales, advertising or marketing).
- Experience in the telecommunications industry or sales environment desired.
- Experience as a media buyer or planner, doing advertising agency work, working in a client-side marketing or public relations role, or some combination of these.
- Campaign management expertise and multi-screen and campaign optimization preferred.
- Experience with digital advertising solutions focused on fulfillment tactics.CRM tools. IAB Digital Media Sales Certification (IAB DMSC).Google AdWords Certification
- Google Analytics experience is a plus.
- PMP Certification or experience with project management
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.