WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in 100 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
Michael Baker is actively seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our Mobile, Alabama office. Under limited supervision, provides general administrative support to a department or group of engineering professionals.
• Assists with construction project document routing tasks.
• Scans documents and maintains an electronic document system for construction projects.
• Creates task lists for project document routing.
• Basic Math skills, able to compute areas and volumes.
• Under limited supervision, operates multi-line VOiP telephone system to route incoming calls to the appropriate party; greets and directs visitors in a friendly and helpful manner.
• Must possess excellent communication skills, a professional appearance and greet visitors and callers in a tactful and professional manner.
• Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
• Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
• Maintains lobby and reception area in a tidy and orderly manner.
• Receives and signs for deliveries and courier packages. Routes to staff.
• May receive, sort, and route mail and faxes and maintains and route publications.
• May order, receive, and maintain office supplies.
• Coordinate travel arrangements as needed.
• Overall support of the Mobile office staff on a variety of administrative and clerical tasks.
• Coordinate periodic meetings using the video conferencing system.
• Assist as necessary with editing, printing and assembly of reports or marketing/proposal submittals.
• Distribute incoming mail and handle outgoing mail and packages.
• Other duties as assigned.
- You’ll need a GEC or High School diploma and have 1-2 years of related work experience.
- You’ll need to have excellent communication skills for internal associates and external clients; have experience in general office support to include organization, filing, maintenance of document library, etc. Ideal candidate will also have professional maturity and dependability;
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential to success in this role.
- Proficient with Microsoft office programs including Word and Excel. Enter data rapidly and accurately and operate tools and equipment.