POSITION SUMMARY: This position performs assessments and simple nursing procedures in client's homes, under the guidance of the RN Supervisor, and is specifically responsible for implementation of nursing care based upon the plan developed by a Registered Nurse (RN) in accordance with physician's orders.
- Perform selected nursing procedures, commensurate with experience and education within the scope of LVN/LPN practice including but not limited to: tracheostomy care, colostomy care, enemas, douches, catheterizations, dressing changes, and phlebotomies.
- Provide patient and family teaching according to plan outlined by the RN.
- Monitor patient's vital signs and make specific measurements and observations.
- Monitor and record intake and output. Report significant changes immediately.
- Observe, assess and record patient's physical and mental condition and reports any changes.
- Administer medications as instructed and as ordered by the physician and instructed by the RN. Document the patient's file accordingly.
- Attend and participate in multi-disciplinary patient case conferences, staff meetings and in-service education programs as assigned.
- Work with patient, family and health care team members effectively to coordinate patient care.
- Cooperate with on-call schedule, weekends and after hour visits, as necessary.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information.
- Maintain regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the agency.
- Follow all Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations and requirements.
- Abide by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES:
- Graduate from an accredited school of practical nursing
- Licensed as a vocational/practical nurse in the state of practice
- At least one (1) year clinical practical nursing experience preferably in intensive care, rehabilitation or medical surgical nursing
- Home health experience preferred
- Ability to make home visits and provide nursing care in the home environment
- Ability to complete necessary documentation appropriately, legibly and timely
- Interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills necessary to complete job responsibilities
- Must have reliable transportation, current driver's license and appropriate automobile insurance; or ability to take public transportation
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.