Requisition Number: LABOR06130
We are currently recruiting for __2____ Production Laborers at our Mitchell, SD plant.
The General Production Laborer is an entry-level position working under direct supervision that operate a variety of equipment and perform all types of construction and maintenance related work in the manufacturing and production process of concrete products. Supports all aspects of a safe working environment by following organizational policies, processes, procedures and OSHA requirements. This position performs general manual labor tasks such as loading, unloading, and moving materials. Assists operators with machinery used in the production process. Cleans and maintains buildings, materials, and equipment throughout the plant as needed.
· Comply with all safety regulations, maintain clean and orderly work areas and adhere to company OSHA safety guidelines at all times. Promote a safe work environment for all staff, vendors and customers.
· Must be able to follow all appropriate safety practices.
· Must be able to comprehend and retain safety programs.
Pipe & Precast
· Operation of light, medium and heavy equipment including fork truck, front-end loader and bobcat.
· Operation of various handoperated tools related to construction work.
· Maintains equipment and performs daily inspections of equipment. Visual inspection of forms.
· Sets up forms in the manufacturing production process of concrete products.
· Places steel reinforcing in forms in the manufacturing production process.
· Places concrete into forms.
· Tears down forms after the concrete is cured.
· Places covers and positions steam lines for curing process (if applicable).
· Place bearing plates and string strands.
· Place all steel reinforcement as detailed on shop plans.
· Clean reinforcing steel and discard loose rust.
· Apply preload to strand as detailed in shop plans. Mark strand for elongation measurement. Apply final load to strand.
· Set concrete to cure.
· Complete detensioning process.
· Lift the deck unit and yard all the beams.
· Regular, timely attendance to meet company needs in an efficient and effective manner.
· Any other miscellaneous tasks assigned by management at any given time and in any given area
KNOWLEDGE, DEMONSTRATED SKILLS & ABILITIES
HOURS OF WORK:
SAFETY EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB: (including but not limited to)
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB: (including but not limited to)
Our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in the future of our employees to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. We offer an excellent compensation package that includes: competitive pay, vacation, ten paid holidays, 401k plan with company with 4% contribution, medical, health savings account (HSA), flex plan, dental, vision, short and long-term disability and life insurance.
Forterra is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V - Forterra is a Drug Free Workplace.