Providence is calling a CT Technologist (Imaging Services, Variable Shift, 0.8 FTE) to Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Assure outside correlating studies are available for the next day CT exam.
- Assure that the correct information is on history sheets (IV contrast, oral contrast and rectal contrast amounts).
- Check creatinine levels on in-patients and orders creatinine labs when needed.
- Complete SCU and Neuro head CTs starting at and then proceeds with scanning enhanced scans on in-patients.
- Document any variance from protocol due to patient condition or otherAll information including: IV rate, oral contrast, enema, patient motion, extravasation, reaction to dye, is documented.
- Finish cases completely before taking a break or stepping out to talk to someone.
- Involve the radiologist if the patient cannot tolerate the scan.
- Load correlating studies on PACS system.
- Pre-educate the patient and family prior to exam.
- Provide juice to in-patients.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology program
- Licensed by the State of Montana as a Radiologic Technologist
- Certified by ARRT in Computed Tomography within 6 months of hire
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) â (Healthcare Provider) upon hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year general radiology experience
- Cath Lab or Special Procedures experience for modality of special procedures
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital and among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.