Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse -Missoula County Detention Facility
Planned Parenthood of Montana, Inc.
Missoula County Detention Facility
Provide healthcare to the incarcerated men and women housed within the Missoula County Detention Facility. Ensure accurate and timely delivery of medications, documenting the acceptance and ingestion of prescribed medications and documenting any refusal of medication administration. Collect information regarding the inmates’ health history and make referrals to providers as indicated. Timely and accurate communication with supervisory personnel regarding any medical concerns related to inmates.
1 PRN nights position
1 30 hour/week night position - 3 ten hour shifts
Pay range is $30 - $33/hour
Duties and Responsibilities
- Nursing assessments and interventions within the nursing scope of practice
- Pass medications and deliver treatments as ordered
- Participate in the ordering of medications and medical supplies
- Perform medication verifications and assist in preparing medication administration records
- Follow all protocols, procedures, etc. for the accurate monitoring of medication delivery
- Adhere to all security criteria as outlined by the Detention Facility supervisory personnel
- Respond to emergency situations
- Assist in clinic activities as necessary and within skill/license level
- Maintain adherence to Nurse Practice Act, all Department of Corrections criteria, and Policies and Procedures of PPMT
- Assist in orientation of new staff
- Ensure physician orders are current, accurate, and have no interactions with other already prescribed medications in conjunction with other medical staff and the pharmacist
- Document all activities as they relate to the delivery of medical care to incarcerated populations
- Keep the stock room clean, neat and orderly
- Work closely with the medical and mental health staff as well as the Detention Facility staff.
- Use universal precautions in all dealings with the inmate population.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Montana RN license or Montana LPN License
- Experience in the delivery of health care preferred, however new grads are welcome to apply
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a fast paced environment while being accurate
- Ability to handle constantly changing situations
- Demonstrates the ability to deal with a variety of people, manage stressful situations, and handle conflict
- Ability to work well with others in a positive, respectful and professional manner
- Ability to work independently and as a successful team member
- Maintain a background free from violations of laws, rules, etc.
All employees are required to model In This Together ethos including:
o We tend to the team
o We respect and honor all people
o We jump in
o We try and we learn
o We care for our business
o We return to our mission
Customer Service Standards:
o Clear the Slate
o Make a connection
o Keep them in the loop
o Confirm the plan
o Ask for feedback
o Acknowledge the reality
o Open the door
Planned Parenthood of Montana is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. Planned Parenthood of Montana does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood of Montana is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, and customer focus and innovation.