As a Data Reporting Analyst, your work will involve retrieving information from multiple data sources, combining results, and normalizing it so other business units can make informed decisions. Internal customers include most aspects of the business including client services, product management, engineering, media services, and finance. Strong candidates will be good with SQL, excellent with spreadsheets (Excel), and tenacious when hunting down the answers to questions. A Data Reporting Analyst should have strong communication, analytical with strong math skills, as well as the ability to work well within a team. Knowledge and experience with business intelligence systems is a plus.
- Assist Client Services when troubleshooting data-related issues reported by users to help determine the cause
- Work with Engineering and QA teams to identify opportunities for automated testing if data discrepancies exist
- Perform root cause analysis, database validation, and data defect identification using SQL.
- Review information to identify and interpret any patterns or useful trends in complex data sets
- Ensure requirements are met through data testing activities when data changes are determined through Engineering processes.
- Create repeatable processes for data analytics reports that need to be performed regularly
- Work with Finance to add accounting insights to increases visibility across financial systems
- Collect, track, and report metrics and brief leadership on status
- Retrieve data from external platform API endpoints to check data on external platforms
- And other duties as needed as the position evolves
- Born collaborator with the insatiable desire to get to the root of a problem and the ability to work across functional departments, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to articulate clearly and communicate effectively across multiple channels
- Strong project management, organization, and problem solving skills
- Alignment with LumenAd's core values:
- Be inclusive
- Challenge yourself, and others
- Be radically transparent
- Iterate to success. fast.
- Have an impact.
Skills and Requirements
- 3+ years of experience in a data reporting analyst role, or 3+ years in an ad-technology company
- Knowledge of the Agile development process; experience with QA testing in an agile development environment is strongly desired
- Experience with querying APIs for data and handling XML and JSON results
- Ability to write complex SQL queries for database validation and data defect identification
- Strong understanding of relational databases and data mining techniques
- Familiarity with project tracking software, such as Jira, and cloud hosting environments is helpful
- An understanding of Google Analytics or other website tracking platforms is also a plus
Missoula, MT or Bozeman, MT
LumenAd is an enterprise advertising management solution that measures the return on ad spend of every investment across the digital ecosystem. Built within a proven framework for unifying programmatic, direct, search and social data, LumenAd centralizes every ad buy into one intuitive hub. Marketers can architect campaigns, connect to any data source, monitor performance in real-time and quickly craft insightful reports.