Providence is calling a Cook (Food and Nutrition Services, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all â especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Assure accurate therapeutic modification of foods.
- Complete basic cooking/baking skills such as sifting, dicing, pureeing, roasting, basting, poaching, grilling, weighing, measuring and steaming in an accurate manner.
- Demonstrate knowledge of quality food production.
- Follow production sheets using standardized recipes and completes production sheets in stating amounts produced and left overs for a left over amount for each meal.
- Obtain quantities of food from storage areas and reports any low quantities or supplies needed to supervisor.
- Provide high quality customer service.
- Taste all foods prior to serving. Takes action to improve flavor when necessary or replaces item.
- Weigh, measure and perform basic math in order to follow and prepare items in proper standardized recipes and in proper portions.
- Adhere to safety precautions including hazardous wastes and proper sharps disposal.
- Participate in hospital and unit specific practices to maintain clean, safe and comfortable environment for patients and staff.
- Report any faulty equipment or unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Management of Human Resources: May assist with the provision of education on the unit and within the hospital. Identifies own professional learning needs. Complete learning needs assessments as assigned. Present inservices or other educational offerings as assigned.
- Cover, label and date all food for storage. Maintain proper food safety, cleaning and sanitary standards in work area.
Required qualification for this position include:
1 year experience in quantity food preparation and completion of some cooking classes with formal on-the-job training
Preferred qualification for this position include:
High school diploma or equivalent
About the hospital you will serve.
St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital and among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.