Providence is calling a Clinical Laboratory Services (CLS) Generalist (Clinical Laboratory Services, Variable, 0.9 FTE) to St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Call appropriate person with panic results or results that could gravely affect the well being of the patient.
- Identify patient by wristband.
- Notify appropriate personnel of problems related to specimen collection or testing.
- Utilize a collaborative interdisciplinary approach to ensure that testing is completed at the appropriate time to meet clinical needs.
- Keep leadership apprised of problems, workflow and other relevant issues.
- Serve as a clinical resource for physicians and other health care providers.
- Document all discrepancies and problems properly.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's Degree
- Montana Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS) or Montana Clinical Lab Technician (CLT). Temporary Practice Permit is acceptable for the first 6 months.
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree
About the department you will serve.
Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital and among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.