We are looking for a Patient Transporter with Integrated Services Department at Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center.
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Schedule: Full-time 80 Biweekly Hour
Shift: 8 Hour Evening Shift
Under general supervision, works with a team transporting pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients, to and from various areas of the Hospital to include patient rooms, diagnostics areas, surgery and admitting. Maintains communication via with the dispatcher via two-way radio, to receive transport and other requests. Documents transport activities and maintains cleanliness and order of various transportation related equipment such as gurneys and wheelchairs. Consistently demonstrates behaviors that model the St. Joseph Health System Core Values and the Hospital's Mission Statement.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and follow written and verbal instruction in English; good critical thinking skills; good telephone etiquette skills, and ability to communicate with patients and their families; bilingual Spanish/English helpful.
- Knowledge of basic math skills to be able to determine time frames and function in a “time management“ frame of mind.
- Mechanical skills necessary to operate gurneys, wheelchairs, walkers, and apply transport monitoring equipment
- Ability to walk and stand for approximately 80% of the work time, lift and position adult patients approximately 40% of the work time. Ability to push gurneys 50% of the time that may require pushing patients up the Hospital ramp.
- Consistently demonstrates a positive, helping attitude to patient, families, physicians, and other staff members. performs all aspects of role while demonstrating and promoting customer service. Ability to work with others in a flexible and cooperative manner.
- Must be proficient in required competencies upon completion of orientation period, as listed on the Orientation and Competency Assessment Form.
- Ability to hold and operate, and speak into hand-held radio (with ear piece).
Education: High School Graduate or GED
License / Certification: Healthcare provider level BLS
At Mission Hospital with locations in Mission Viejo and Laguna Beach, CA our core values of Dignity, Service, Excellence and Justice translate into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes before the bottom line.
As non-profit acute care facilities, we serve all of south Orange County.
Mission Hospital Mission Viejo is a Level II Trauma Center and is the area's designated regional trauma center. We have Centers of Excellence in heart, maternity, trauma, breast care, spine, vascular, stroke and brain injury.
Mission Hospital Laguna Beach provides local coastal communities with 24-hour emergency department services, medical/surgical services, behavioral health programs including inpatient and outpatient psychiatric and chemical dependency services and an outpatient eating disorder program.
Mission Surgery Center performs approximately 4,500 annual surgeries and provides a safe and convenient outpatient setting. It is accredited by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care.
We are a member of the St. Joseph Health System, one of only 12 winners worldwide of the Gallup Organization's Great Workplace Award, which recognizes an “extraordinary ability to create an engaged workplace culture“; we've received two Beacon Awards for clinical excellence and in 2012 we received Magnet Designation which recognizes hospitals for top patient care, quality nursing and innovations in nursing and healthcare. We offer a collegial work environment with competitive salaries and benefits.
Mission Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as “on call/per diem“ refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis“ to fill in for staff vacancies.