Medicaid Reimbursement/ Cost Accountant - Ensign Services
Medicaid Reimbursement/ Cost Accountant
Status: Full Time
Ensign Services, Inc. is seeking a talented Medicaid Reimbursement/ Cost Accountant to join our amazing team. This position will analyze reimbursement functions within the accounting department, including preparation of various financial and operational analyses relating to Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Prepare and file Medicare and Medicaid cost reports.
- Analyzes Medicaid rates as appropriate on a quarterly or annual basis based the reimbursement impact State regulations and proposed audit adjustments
- Communicates and works with state audit teams as appropriate.
- Support accounting and operations with correctly categorizing expenses to the correct cost category
- Analyzes specific accounts such as accrued expense & revenue accounts related to Reimbursement
- Stays abreast of issues impacting Medicare and Medicaid rates
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Bachelors in Accounting or 2 years of Skilled Nursing Facility Reimbursement & Cost Report experience.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills are necessary for success in this role
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
Ensign Services, Inc. is the most progressive company in the dynamic healthcare services field today, serving over 200+ long-term care facilities, 17 urgent care centers, and 35+ home health and hospice agencies, with over 30,000 employees in fourteen states. These operations have no corporate headquarters or traditional management hierarchy. Instead, they operate independently with support from the shared "Service Centers", a world-class service team that provides the centralized clinical, legal, risk management, HR, training, accounting, IT and other resources necessary to allow on-site leaders and caregivers to focus squarely on day-to-day care and business issues in their individual operations.
Will you pledge to live CAPLICO?
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with being a member of our culture? Are you a Medicaid Reimbursement/ Cost Accountant who is eager to make a difference? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of providing exceptional care and making a positive impact in the lives of everyone we serve.
Customer Second: When we take care of our team first, it reflects positively on our customer care.
Accountability: We strive for quality of life and reach for high standards as a team.
Passion For Learning: We want to be at the forefront of change; there is always something we can learn.
Love One Another: Treat others the way you want to be treated. It’s simple, yet effective.
Intelligent Risk Taking: If something makes sense, we’re willing to give it a try.
Celebration: We celebrate life every day of the year with our teammates and residents.
Ownership: When everyone on the team is encouraged to take ownership of the care that they give, it positively improves their attitude, which affects everyone around them, from teammates to residents.
We would love to meet you and hear your pledge to live CAPLICO with us.
In addition to hiring a Medicaid Reimbursement/ Cost Accountant who exhibits the above qualities that help us create a world class culture, we offer competitive wages, mentorship and training for new graduates, tuition reimbursement, dependent care and public transportation FSAs, cell phone and movie ticket discounts, 401(k) with matching contributions, career advancement opportunities, and medical, dental, and health insurance. Take a look at these benefits (and more!) at www.ensignbenefits.com
If interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!
Unable to apply at the moment, or are you interested in hearing more about future opportunities with us? Join our talent network at https://ensignservices.jobs.net/join
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Back to Jobs