Providence is calling a Certified Nursing Assistant - Orthopaedics (Full-Time/Night Shift) to Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, CA.
Please upload current resume
We are seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant - Orthopaedics who will provide basic nursing care to patients, under direct supervision of RN; assists RN in observation and care of patients in assigned area(s). Demonstrates proficiency in delivering care to assigned age-specific patient population (e.g., infants, adolescents, adults, geriatrics, pediatrics), and participates in related continuing education.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Implement and maintain established department, unit, and hospital policies, procedures, and objectives as well as improving organization performance program, patient/customer safety, environmental, and infection control policies
- Maintain a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients and families in accordance with hospital standards
- Provide appropriate, direct patient care in assigned area(s) including hygiene, positioning, nourishment and transportation assistance
- Perform basic nursing procedures application of: heat and cold treatments, simple dressings, elastic stockings, restraints and ointments and sprays as directed by RN; administration of enemas, perineal care, post mortem care; collection of specimens. Obtains and documents patient intake and output, vital signs including temperature
- Respiration, pulse and blood pressure and weight
- Prioritize work and provides prompt and efficient service
- Maintain patient records and charts to ensure an accurate record of the patient's care and treatment
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient and unit care data
- Participate in educational programs, in-services and meetings as required
Required qualifications for this position include:
- MOAB I/II within thirty (30) to one hundred fifty (150) days of hire for employees in Emergency Dept
- Satisfactory completion of training for Nursing Assistants
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers sponsored by the American Heart Association
- If employee/applicant has certification by the American Red Cross-CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, this will be accepted until card expiration date
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certificate
- Sufficient clinical experience
About the hospital you will serve. Nationally recognized for clinical excellence and trauma care, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is a 377-bed, level II trauma center in Mission Hills, California. We are the only MagnetÂ®Designated Hospital in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Holy Cross also has been recognized this year by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles. As our reputation for excellence grows, so does our facility. We have recently expanded our medical center with the addition of a new 138-bed patient care wing. This expansion has made Providence Holy Cross Medical Center one of the largest hospitals serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys.