Providence is calling a Case Manager (RN) (Per-Diem/Day Shift) to Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, CA.
Please upload current resume
We are seeking a Case Manager (RN) a collaborative practice model including patients, nurses, social workers, physicians, other practitioners, caregivers and the community. The Care Management process encompasses communication and facilitates care along a continuum through effective resource coordination. The goals of Care Management include the achievement of optimal health, access to care and appropriate utilization of resources, balanced with the patient's right to self determination.
In this position you will:
- Employ Nursing Professional Practice: Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patients’ care. Develops, updates and coordinates the patient’s plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate. Demonstrates competencies in populations served and performs essential competencies as required by specific unit of hire. Facilitates Care Coordination, Transition of Care and Utilization Review for all assigned patients
- Advocate: Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve
- Facilitates Learning: Fosters a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitates formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community. Coordinates education to the patient, family, caregiver and members of the healthcare team about post discharge options, costs and resources
- Align Practice with Safety and Quality: Accountable for safety, identifies and corrects problems, and integrates evidence, and best practice into nursing care; uses data and evidence to improve patient outcomes. Aligns patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes. Identifies potential quality of care concerns and escalates them to the Director Care Management or their designee
- Engage in Professional Development: Engage in ongoing professional development; practices to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards. Promotes a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice. Participate in care management initiatives
- Lead in the Practice Setting & Community: Lead and coordinate teams, appropriately delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate case management knowledge. Model professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- Bachelors degree in Nursing or higher within 3 years of hire or equivalent educ/experience
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Any previously agreed upon effective date for obtaining a Bachelors degree in nursing between individual and facility will remain in effect
- Any collective bargaining contract with specific time frames for obtaining a Bachelors degree in nursing will supersede the above point and will remain in effect
- Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- RNs employed prior to 1/1/17 are encouraged to obtain a Bachelors degree or higher degree in Nursing, but obtaining the degree will not be a condition of employment
- Successful completion of a minimum of 24 CEUs in Care Management within the past 12 months, or successful completion of the Transitions in Practice (TIP) program for Care Managers
- Unencumbered RN license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multi-state license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- 1 year within the past three years in an acute hospital setting as a Registered Nurs
- 1 year as a Discharge Planner or Case Manager
- Basic computer skills i.e. Word, Excel
- Knowledge of Medicare Conditions of Participation
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of principles of Utilization Management and Quality Management
- Knowledge of care coordination and transition planning
- Knowledge of scope of practice for LVNs and non licensed staff
- Strong clinical knowledge base.
- Proficiency with Information Technology; such as electronic health records, communications systems, computers and equipment necessary to perform essential functions of the position
- Skilled to work with a wide range of staff as part of an interdisciplinary team including physicians, nurses, and ancillary staff
- Ability to use independent, critical judgment in all aspects of patient care delivery
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills that convey a positive and supportive attitude
- Ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities, urgent responses, and challenging situations
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors degree in nursing upon hire
- CCM or ACM
- 3 years as an RN in the past five years
About the hospital you will serve.
Nationally recognized for clinical excellence and trauma care, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is a 377-bed, level II trauma center in Mission Hills, California. We are the only MagnetDesignated Hospital in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Holy Cross also has been recognized this year by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles. As our reputation for excellence grows, so does our facility. We have recently expanded our medical center with the addition of a new 138-bed patient care wing. This expansion has made Providence Holy Cross Medical Center one of the largest hospitals serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys.