About this Job
The Senior Benefits Analyst provides support for the execution of the Company’s benefit and wellness programs including coordination with internal resources, team members and external vendors. The Senior Analyst will also provide consultative support to HR Management regarding the development and implementation of processes and communications that improve education, administration and quality of benefit and wellness programs. In addition, the Senior Analyst assists in the compliance with all federal regulatory requirements relating to the administration of benefit and wellness programs including plan documents, amendments, audits, communication of legislative/legal changes, legally required reports and discrimination testing.
- Responsible for the administration and compliance of the 401(k) Retirement Savings Plans. To include, oversight of the annual 401(k) audit, maintain records and manage compliance filings for 401(k) plans in line with company guidelines and federal regulations.
- Manages relationships with retirement plan vendors and consultants where appropriate and ensures service level agreements are defined and met.
- Identify, develop and implement cost-effective, business aligned with benefit programs.
- Responsible for due diligence in sourcing vendors for new programs, RFP, and implementation of programs. Administers policies and programs to promote Team Member Physical, Mental, and Financial Health.
- Partners with Manager of Benefits to design, develop, and review marketing materials regarding benefits and wellness programs. Collaborates with benefits communication and education team to assist team members in understanding the value of benefits programs/services.
- Provides a high level of customer service by ensuring any issues are resolved timely, accurately and efficiently including complex issues related to benefit and wellness programs.
- Drives the implementation of new benefit programs and annual enrollment process with internal and external resources.
- Subject matter expert on emerging and new legislation to provide recommendations on potential changes necessary for compliance.
- Develops metrics on participation, utilization rates and trends on a regular basis. Identifies problem areas in service delivery processes, troubleshoot issues and recommend/implement solutions to automate and improve process and external competitiveness.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate (e.g. emergencies change in workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
- Bachelors' degree in Human Resources. Masters preferred.
- 3-5 years years experience in relevant practice area in a large organization.
- Current knowledge of benefits and human resources practices to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations (FMLA, ACA, COBRA, ERISA, HIPAA, ADA, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.).
- Ability thrive in a performance-focused, results oriented environment.
- Ability to exercise judgment and problem-solve with minimal direction.
- Excellent analytics, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication and proofreading skills.