Principal Critical Incident Specialist
The Principal Critical Incident Specialist responsibility spans all production IT technology hardware, software and/or services. The role is accountable for driving the critical incident management process for major incidents from declaration to service availability.
- Drive response operations for complex and highly visible technology incidents with a goal of rapidly returning systems and functions to service availability
- Handle root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- Hold accountability for maximizing uptime by detecting and responding to critical incidents quickly, coordinating the restoration of the system and ensure preventive actions are implemented to prevent reoccurrence
- Strategy (30%): Establish and maintain a critical incident management process ensuring integration into the current service management tool
- Look for opportunities to continually drive efficiencies within team
- Execution (50%): Quickly determine appropriate support teams to engage to ensure proper resolution
- Drive critical response operations and assemble teams to quickly restore service
- Maintain a root cause analysis template
- Building Capabilities (20%): Monitor for critical incidents (24x7) and engage appropriate support to remediate incident
- Experience with formal debriefing after critical incidents turning lessons learned into opportunities for improvement
- Experience educating key resources on ITIL framework, specifically around incident and problem management
- Proven ability to develop reporting metrics and report against those metrics for critical incidents
- Experience reporting and remediating incidents