The Benefits Analyst is responsible for the administration, financial reporting, data analytics of all employee benefit programs. Assures compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations. Compiles, analyzes and reports data including employee, plan financials for strategic benefits planning, audits and controls of HRIS System and vendors.
- Prepare employee data auditing and reporting to oversee all internal and external plan audits.
- Manage union audits with benefit counsel. Analyst will lead the audit, gather all internal and external data, analyze and recommend corrective actions to Management & Legal based on current Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Monitors plan limits, eligibility, limitations, and restrictions of plan participations and ensures compliance with both plan provisions and government requirements.
- Use benefits plan documents, Summary Plan Descriptions and other reference materials to provides benefit plan interpretation, guidance and counsel to employees, HRIS representatives, and managers
- Responsible for gathering statistical and financial data necessary to complete government compliance activities (5500s, audits, etc.), employee mailings and vendor billings. Coordinate employee enrollment and financial data to validate accuracy of all plan accruals for claims and invoice payments. Reconcile and prepare all benefit payables.
- Assures processes and procedures are in place to capture and maintain consistent and accurate benefit related data.
- Oversee data management of the benefits in HR systems. Ensure that existing and new benefit programs are adaptable to internal HRIS. Ensure data integrity between internal HRIS and third-party systems
- Analysis and reporting of data from multiple data sources; define problems, independently conduct research, formulate solutions and make recommendations
- Oversee/Direct the administration of COBRA Compliance
- Perform various year-end transactions to ensure annual compliance updates for all benefit plans
- Build interfaces and programs to manage mass data upload transactions for mergers and acquisitions
- Perform all user acceptance testing for the Benefits Department for changes made to configuration within SAP HCM related, but not limited to, new benefit deduction codes and plans, GL account changes, break/fix system resolutions, implementation of acquisitions, and running parallel testing when necessary
- Partners with Corporate Benefits Business Partner to ensure effective execution of benefits strategies and new plans. Serve as a liaison in business planning and benefit program interpretation.
- Manage third party vendor relationships to ensure best-in-class delivery of services.
- Ability to effectively partner and collaborate with cross functional teams
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
- Intermediate Excel skills and an ability to analyze data for issue resolution required
- Bachelor degree plus 3 years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years of comprehensive benefits administration, analytical, and reporting experience
- Experience in reviewing Union Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Knowledge of SAP HRIS systems
- Knowledge of finance and accounting practices, financial analysis and reporting
- Highly organized, self-starter, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent project management skills
- Able to plan proactively and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to develop spreadsheets, reports, visual presentations, and other materials that will support process improvements, departmental goals and overall performance
- Ability to work independently and to carry out projects to completion
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and recommend solutions
- Ability to run various ad-hoc database reports utilizing SAP
- Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy
- Ability to produce high quality work with a focus on continuous improvement and best practice
- Ability to ensure proper protection of organization's confidential information
- Flexible to change and self- motivated to excel, in a fast-paced environment