A premier destination in Northwest Florida! Sandestin® Golf and Beach Resort is located on 2,400-acres between the beautiful emerald green waters of the Gulf of Mexico and the shoreline of the Choctawhatchee Bay. Work amongst the most gorgeous backdrops with a company that not only provides a commitment to excellence to guests but also to our people that deliver this experience. Are you the next great addition to the team? Come make memories with us!
The Maintenance Manager at Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort is responsible for overseeing the maintenance and repair activities across the resort's various facilities. This role requires a hands-on approach to manage a team of maintenance technicians and ensure the timely completion of tasks to maintain the resort's high standards of safety, functionality, and aesthetic appeal. The Maintenance Manager should have open availability to address any maintenance emergencies that may arise outside of regular working hours.
1. Team Leadership: Supervise, train, and schedule a team of maintenance technicians to ensure efficient operations and a high level of performance. Provide guidance, support, and feedback to foster a positive and productive work environment.
2. Preventive Maintenance: Develop and implement a preventive maintenance program to proactively address maintenance needs, minimize downtime, and maximize the lifespan of equipment, machinery, and facilities.
3. Repairs and Troubleshooting: Oversee and participate in the troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and other systems throughout the resort. Coordinate with external contractors when necessary.
4. Safety and Compliance: Ensure compliance with safety regulations, building codes, and industry standards. Maintain accurate records of inspections, permits, maintenance activities, and safety incidents. Implement corrective actions as required.
5. Inventory Management: Manage and maintain an inventory of tools, equipment, and supplies necessary for efficient maintenance operations. Coordinate purchasing and restocking activities while adhering to budgetary guidelines.
6. Budgeting and Cost Control: Assist in the development and management of the maintenance department's annual budget. Monitor expenses, control costs, and identify opportunities for cost savings without compromising quality.
7. Guest Satisfaction: Collaborate with other departments to address maintenance-related guest concerns promptly and effectively. Strive to deliver exceptional service and maintain a positive guest experience.
8. Emergency Response: Be available on-call to respond to maintenance emergencies outside of regular working hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays. Coordinate and execute appropriate actions to minimize disruptions and ensure the safety of guests and employees.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Relevant technical certifications or vocational training are preferred.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in maintenance or facilities management, preferably in a resort or hospitality environment.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop a team.
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems.
- Familiarity with building codes, safety regulations, and industry standards.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) and other relevant software.
- Physical stamina and ability to perform manual labor and lift heavy objects when necessary.
- Open availability to respond to maintenance emergencies.
Basic Required Skills:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Valid driver’s license that has been in effect for at least three years, with no major violations and no more than two minor violations in the past three years.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- May be required: to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Most work tasks are performed outdoors in the seasonal elements.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to climb ladders both short and long and work in moderate heights as needed.
- Must be able to exert a well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 200 lbs. frequently.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability, and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Certificates/Licenses: None Required