Golf Shop Attendant
A premier destination in Northwest Florida! Sandestin® Golf and Beach Resort is located on 2,400-acres between the beautiful emerald green waters of the Gulf of Mexico and the shoreline of the Choctawhatchee Bay. Work amongst the most gorgeous backdrops with a company that not only provides a commitment to excellence to guests but also to our people that deliver this experience. Are you the next great addition to the team? Come make memories with us!
The Golf Shop Attendant plays a vital role in ensuring a seamless and enjoyable experience for golfers at our facility. This position involves a wide range of responsibilities, including handling retail and fee sales, warmly greeting customers (members, daily green fee players, and tournament players), maintaining the cleanliness and functionality of the Pro Shop and rental equipment, managing tee time reservations, and collaborating closely with starters and marshals to ensure smooth course operations and traffic flow.
1. Support the Head Professional and Assistants in the day-to-day operations of the Golf Shop, contributing to the overall success of the facility.
2. Provide exceptional customer service by assisting customers with the selection and purchase of merchandise from the Golf Shop.
3. Regularly monitor and maintain appropriate levels of inventory to ensure a well-stocked and attractive Golf Shop for customers.
4. Assist guests in navigating the GHIN Handicap System, offering guidance and support as needed.
5. Efficiently manage tee time bookings for members, non-members, and tournaments, optimizing scheduling to accommodate customer preferences.
6. Effectively check-in guests and members, ensuring accurate record-keeping and providing necessary information or assistance.
7. Prepare tee sheets for the following day's play, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
8. Create and organize car signs for the next day's play, contributing to efficient and organized traffic management.
9. Uphold a high standard of cleanliness and presentation in the Golf Shop, ensuring a professional and inviting environment for customers.
10. Actively promote and sell golf memberships, highlighting the benefits and value they offer to potential customers.
11. Adhere to Sandestin guidelines for answering phones, providing courteous and knowledgeable assistance to callers.
12. Provide support and assistance during tournament events, collaborating with the event team to ensure their successful execution.
13. Perform other assigned duties as needed to contribute to the overall success of the Golf Shop and facility.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
2. One to three months of related experience and/or training is preferred. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will also be considered.
3. Strong customer service skills and the ability to provide exceptional assistance and support to customers.
4. Excellent organizational and time management abilities, with the capacity to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
5. Good verbal communication skills, enabling clear and professional interactions with customers and colleagues.
6. Basic computer skills and familiarity with golf management software for tee time reservations and inventory management.
7. Knowledge of golf and golf-related products is advantageous.
8. Physical stamina and the ability to stand, walk, and lift objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
Basic Required Skills:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of table service standards.
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Ability to describe all menu items and methods of preparation.
- May be required: to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Most work tasks are performed outdoors in the seasonal elements.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to exert a well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to lift items weighing up to 20-50 lbs. on occasion.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability, and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Certificates/Licenses: None Required