ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Test Data Analyst is responsible for administering data and test scenarios that Bright Health will use to ensure that the systems software and configuration are working properly for all lines of Bright Health business. The Lead Test Data Analyst is responsible for testing a variety of systems, scenarios, and configurations to ensure the accurate administration of plan benefits and system functionality.
- Review and extend test scenario documentation.
- Review new test scenarios with the test automation team and the business owner. Gain approval on scope.
- Create test data that matches the scope and scenarios. Make use of tools to achieve high levels of productivity.
- Participate in the final test result review with the business owner to achieve sign-off on testing results.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred; two or more years of relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with testing plan creation and administration is preferred
- Participation in a technical user group focused on data/data science is preferred.
- Experience using a variety of tools to edit/manipulate data required for testing, including Excel, text editors, and other common business software applications.
- Able to work effectively in a complex and matrix environment and manage to timelines and schedules
- Able to communicate complex technical concepts in a way that a non-technical business user will be able to understand what is important and meaningful
- Able to mentor junior team members to help grow team capabilities
- Understands time critical nature of testing, particularly during open enrollment.
- Demonstrates the drive and commitment so that key deadlines are met (with expected and unexpected obstacles).
- Demonstrates interest and willingness to develop a detailed understanding of the Bright operations environment
- Identifies opportunities for improvements that impact cost, quality, or speed of the operations environment
- Able to extend the capability of Bright’s testing tools; shows initiative in evaluating/testing new alternatives that improve speed, quality, and cost.
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Formal certification for testing is preferred, but not required.
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Some travel may be required. Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
Bright Health is tripling its footprint in 2019 to offer a variety of health insurance plans to more individuals. Bright Health operates health insurance offerings across Individual and Family Plan segments and the Medicare Advantage space in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, New York and Tennessee.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.