Requisition Number: TECHN05201
The Technology Integration Manager will lead internal adoption & integration of new technology through support to Product, Sales and Operations. This individual is responsible for disseminating the work of outside technology standards organizations (CableLabs, SCTE) internally and fostering collaboration between Product and Engineering organizations. The Technology Integration Manager will maintain close relationships with various partners/vendors to ensure cohesive lines of communication, internally and externally, in order to drive technology advancements designed to support the company’s overall strategic growth initiatives.
- Represent Midco’s interests in industry standards working groups (CableLabs, SCTE). Serve as the technology subject matter expert (SME) with leadership and other stakeholders to facilitate company-wide efforts.
- Define and communicate the technology vision with internal and external partners.
- Support Product Development and Sales in technology evaluation and solution scoping efforts.
- Propose and facilitate activities to support the integration of new technology to ensure successful integration and alignment.
- Make recommendations to resolve any transition or implementation challenges and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Align new technology with product and operational roadmap.
- Maintain awareness of new technologies and remain abreast of industry advancements to effectively leverage new technology in supporting strategic business growth.
- Lead vendor collaboration and accountability through RFI/RFP and technology bakeoffs.
- Assist in the development of reporting, analysis and visualization of business data, metrics and measures in order to allow leadership and stakeholders to track against overall business strategies and drive decision making.
- Follow and serve as a role model in displaying Midco’s Core Values and Leadership Success Drivers.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and strategies, initiatives and projects of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco. Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility, and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem-solving, critical-thinking and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task without the loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that develops positive relationships with team members, customer and leadership.
- Adhere to and actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- 10+ years of applied experience in at least 2 of the following fields required: Networking, Video/IPTV, VoIP.
- 5+ years of experience with Multiple Systems Operators (MSO) environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology-related field (Computer Science, Information System/Technology, Electrical Engineer).
- Technology certifications (Network+, CCNA, MEF) preferred.
- Knowledge of at least one standard development methodology (SDLC, PDLC, SAFe, AGILE) preferred.
- Experience in analyzing data, creating and developing business cases, and implementing strategies a plus.
- Previous experience leading projects and supporting teams preferred.
- Strong communications and presentation skills required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL & MENTAL QUALIFICATOINS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- Required to periodically travel to other Midco locations and trade and industry shows.
- In-person visits to a customer’s place of business are normal in the performance of this job. Specific abilities required include accessing a customer's place of business by stairs or elevator, operating doors or other entrances, navigating hallways and buildings, etc., and adapting successfully to a constantly changing environment.
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By 2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband – while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco internet / cable
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our full EEO and federal contractor supplemental posters, please refer to Midco.com/FederalPosters.