ABOUT THIS ROLE
Bright Health’s Medicare Strategy and Business Execution Team oversees the performance of Bright Health’s Medicare business and directly supports delivery of key initiatives, including strategy development, new market entry, project implementation, and ongoing performance management. The team works in tandem with the Medicare Product Team to grow the Medicare book of business and deliver a competitive product portfolio.
As the Medicare Strategy Associate, you will be a critical member of our team, serving as an internal consultant and analytic engine for our team. You will conduct research and develop analytic frameworks for rapidly evaluating opportunities for our business, and you will develop recommendations leveraging your strategic insights for how to execute. You will collaborate with numerous teams across Bright Health, including finance, actuary, operations, health optimization, distribution and marketing. You will also interface with diverse external partners throughout the Bright Health ecosystem to assess, design, operationalize, and deploy key business capabilities, then monitor and manage performance on an ongoing basis.
- Deliver data- and research-driven recommendations to support team strategy, operations, and business execution initiatives based on market trend analysis, competitor dynamics, and key regulatory changes
- Develop core internal models and dashboards for rapidly evaluating markets/opportunities and monitoring Bright Health’s Medicare business against key performance indicators (KPIs) and other measures
- Serve as a cross-functional resource to help organize and execute against core business objectives for the Medicare team and other ad-hoc projects
- Contribute to the Bright Health Medicare Advantage product development process, including benefit research and design/innovation for our portfolio
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA is preferred
- Two (2) or more years of healthcare industry experience in consulting, investment banking, or health plan corporate strategy/development required
- One (1) or more years of project coordination, project management, or project implementation experience required
- Experience manipulating and analyzing large data sets in Excel required; experience with SQL or Access preferred
- Exposure to and familiarity with insurance products, including Medicare Advantage, preferred
- Analytically driven with strong attention to detail
- Highly organized and process-oriented with ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong bias towards action with ability to think critically and formulate recommendations based on research and industry knowledge
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally across departments and various level roles in the organization
- Self-starter that enjoys solving unique and varied problems for our business
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Some travel may be required.
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
Bright Health is tripling its footprint in 2019 to offer a variety of health insurance plans to more individuals. Bright Health operates health insurance offerings across Individual and Family Plan segments and the Medicare Advantage space in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, New York and Tennessee.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.