Sourcing Manager, Licensing and Marketing Partnerships
General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.Responsibilities Qualifications
The Sourcing Manager, Licensing & Marketing Partnerships is responsible for developing and executing sourcing strategies and leading key partner negotiation strategies for external brands and equities used by General Mills. This role is the commercial lead for licensing, marketing partnerships and sponsorships ensuring successful partner acquisition/retention, developing strong relationship management plans, and negotiating partnership agreements that align with business and legal requirements. This manager will maintain relationships with external strategic marketing/licensing partners to uphold the brand integrity of co-branded/licensed products and promotional campaigns. This individual will partner closely with the Marketing and Brand Building Services teams.
- Lead and maintain a regular partner segmentation process to identify the most strategic partners in accordance with GMI business fit and industry/external brand strength.
- Lead negotiations for promotional and licensing partnerships. Bring advanced negotiation skills and strategies.
- Bring competitive partnership opportunities to the business when applicable.
- Lead contract development and approval process for partner agreements. Maximize GMI interests and manage appropriate business and legal risk.
- Work cross functionally with Marketing, Sales, and Law departments to ensure business alignment.
- Develop partner management approaches and strategies to manage risk and position General Mills as a preferred partner for licensors and promotional partners.
- Serve as point-person for financial management, including budget tolerance analysis, spend/royalty payment reporting, and total value creation and tracking.
- Comply with corporate and regulatory policies and accounting practices.
- Develop in-depth market and industry analysis skills, develop category strategy and lead its implementation.
- Ensure budget is appropriately managed, sourcing process is followed, and standards are maintained.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, Purchasing, or Marketing
- Related Experience: 5 years, 7+ preferred
- Organizational leadership and influence
- Strategy development and execution
- Executive communication and interpersonal effectiveness
- Expertise in contract development and complex negotiations
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Creativity and drive to identify and implement cost savings or value driving opportunities
- Ability to effectively interact with diverse project teams, executive stakeholders, and suppliers
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively manage through complexity and ambiguity
- Bias for action/results orientation
- Business and functional expertise
- Project management
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with General Mills (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).