BE THE MATCH OPERATING PHILOSOPHY:
Right now, people’s lives depend upon our performance. Our leaders have ownership of their areas, the autonomy to determine the best path, and the responsibility to ethically deliver excellent results.
Be The Match leaders are Fearless Innovators, Compelling Visionaries, Great Team Builders, and Results Driven.
This role is a key member of the Senior Leadership team providing overall leadership and strategy for the Patient Experience and Outcomes Optimization team which includes Patient Services and the Center International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR). In addition, this role provides senior functional leadership to the Minneapolis campus in partnership with the VP, Research Operations. This role identifies, evaluates and acquires new business for the prospective clinical research program.
- Oversee the Patient Vertical which presently includes Patient Outcomes and Experience and Be The Match Research (Center for International Blood Marrow Transplant Research and Bioinformatics).
- Develop annual operating plans for the Patient Vertical and the broader Center for International Blood Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR) business-related activities that align to organizational performance metrics, focused on an increase in event-free survival for patients.
- Work in conjunction with applicable stakeholder groups to increase transplant awareness and knowledge, as well as to improve quality of life and survival rates for patients.
- Ensure effective integration between Patient Outcomes and Experience and Be The Match Research, as well as all other service groups.
- Provide leadership as a key Be The Match representative to Board Committees and Advisory Groups.
Be The Match Research:
- Primary leader and decision maker representing Minneapolis CIBMTR in the collaboration and affiliation with MCW (CIBMTR Milwaukee).
- Serve as SVP and Chief Scientific Director of the CIBMTR
- Provide leadership in policy guidance to CIBMTR
- In combination with the, Patient Outcomes & Experience, oversees the budget, hiring, promotions, terminations and structure of CIBMTR Mpls.
- Develop the strategic direction and research direction for CIBMTR in conjunction with CIBMTR Milwaukee
- Translate research into operations through Be The Match and ensure there is consistent input from business verticals on key research needs.
- Work with IT, Project Team and MCW to develop and implement projects such as Data Transformation project for all US transplant centers.
- Key leader to ensure NMDP obligations under the SCTOD subcontract with MCW are fulfilled.
- Develop strategic plans for the company’s research and product portfolio to ensure development programs meet quality and safety standards required by health care providers, and regulatory agencies for all patients and donors
- Drive and coordinate desired research strategies and outcomes, as well as research agenda and budget for patient- and donor-related research.
- Work closely with internal business functions to translate and assist in operationalizing research findings.
- Ensure human subjects research is conducted in compliance with all relevant national and international standards for safety, quality, and privacy
Patient Outcomes and Experience:
- Lend expertise related to the development of pre- and post- transplant patient support studies and initiatives for Patient Vertical (e.g. virtual survivorship or decreasing barriers to transplant)
- Lead the Patient Health Services researchers; drive research and policy in this area.
- Drive early intervention and increased patient awareness of medical options including transplantation.
- Engage with patients post-transplant to provide education on post-transplant complications and quality of life, provide financial assistance for post-transplant medication and keep patients actively engaged with the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Leadership and superior tactful interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to manage and motivate staff and teams.
- Budget management, quality assurance standards administration and implementation of quality improvement programs.
- Demonstrate proven leadership and demonstrated written and oral communication, lecture and/or presentation skills.
- Travel 25-30%.
- Demonstrate advanced Microsoft Office software skills to include: spreadsheet, basic word processing, presentation and database skills.
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Education and/or Experience:
- 15 years, progressively responsible biomedical, research, clinical trials or scientific related management experience within a regulated environment that employed the principles of CPI, quality assurance, program evaluation and quality control; supervision of high-level medical/scientific staff, budgeting, board and committee coordination, strategic planning and new program development within a health-care related field.