As a Sr. UX Researcher at Jamf, you will be primarily responsible for building empathy for our end users throughout the product lifecycle. You will be planning and conducting user-centered design research and usability testing, as well as synthesizing and reporting insights across multiple teams.
Your research will help us create utility, usability, and delight in our product and features for our customers. You'll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual presentations on your findings. You will use our metrics data to uncover research opportunities, and use research findings to contextualize the data we collect.
This role will include collaboration with Product Management for identification of user needs and goals, task and workflow modeling, and systematic analysis of human computer interaction as well as rapid iterative usability testing, and more formal, in-depth testing. A successful Sr. UX Researcher must be able to work with the entire UX team, product team and development teams with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects. Strong communication, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills required.
- Recommend appropriate research methodologies for generating needed insights at all phases of the product lifecycle.
- Analyze insights from research sessions and identify key opportunities.
- Act as a strategic resource and provide expert guidance in leading, conducting, and synthesizing qualitative research projects. This includes in-person moderated testing, remote moderated and unmoderated testing, surveys, heuristic reviews, benchmark studies, and ethnographic studies.
- Interprets research outcomes into experience principles and rich stories that guide and acts as a catalyst for solutions, making strategic conclusions and guiding a design process that leads to outcomes that are functional and emotionally meaningful
- Develops tangible research-driven articles that inspire and communicate data as a human narrative to improve the User Experience of Jamf product offerings
- Work collaboratively to test proposed look and feel initiatives
- Generate insights that influence product positioning, feature design and brand messaging
- Inspire teams with creative and compelling presentation of your results and findings
- Collaborate on defining design methodologies and the user experience research discipline Jamf
- Proactively seek out new data-centric methods, techniques, and opportunities to test hypotheses to create a shared understanding of our users
- 5+ Years Experience storytelling with data verbally and visually (Required)
- 7+ years experience conducting user experience research across multiple methodologies (emphasis on one-on-one interviews, usability studies, and ethnographic research) experimental design, methodology selection, debriefing, facilitation, participant recruiting/screener creation, and statistical/qualitative/quantitative analysis (Required)
- Experience with behavioral analysis, BI platforms and analytics tools (Preferred)
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree (Preferred) in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, User Experience Design or related field.
- A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered