Who we are:
Jamf, the standard for Apple in the enterprise, extends the legendary Apple experience people love to businesses, schools, and government organizations. After watching hundreds of users struggle to deploy, update, and secure Apple computers, iPads, and iPhones in business and in the classroom, we knew there had to be a better way to handle such pesky IT functions. Removing the barriers of technology and empowering doctors to treat patients, teachers to teach, and businesses to thrive.
Today, more than 34,000 customers from more than 150 countries rely on Jamf to help them succeed with Apple. We don't say we are the best, but we strive to be the best. We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for making people's lives easier, paving the way for a better Apple experience in government organizations, hospitals, businesses, and schools.
What you'll do at Jamf:
At Jamf, we empower people to be their best selves and do their best work. As a Senior UX Researcher at Jamf, you will be primarily responsible for building empathy for our end users throughout the product lifecycle. You will be planning and conducting user-centered design research and usability testing, as well as synthesizing and reporting insights across multiple teams.
Your research will help us create utility, usability, and delight in our product and features for our customers. You'll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual presentations on your findings. You will use our metrics data to uncover research opportunities and use research findings to contextualize the data we collect.
This role will include collaboration with Product Management for identification of user needs and goals, task and workflow modeling, and systematic analysis of human computer interaction as well as rapid iterative usability testing, and more formal, in-depth testing. A successful Sr. UX Researcher must be able to work with the entire UX team, product team and development teams with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects. Strong communication, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills required.
- Recommend appropriate research methodologies for generating needed insights at all phases of the product lifecycle.
- Analyze insights from research sessions and identify key opportunities.
- Act as a strategic resource and provide expert guidance in leading, conducting, and synthesizing qualitative research projects. This includes in-person moderated testing, remote moderated and unmoderated testing, surveys, heuristic reviews, benchmark studies, and ethnographic studies.
- Interprets research outcomes into experience principles and rich stories that guide and acts as a catalyst for solutions, making strategic conclusions and guiding a design process that leads to outcomes that are functional and emotionally meaningful
- Develops tangible research-driven articles that inspire and communicate data as a human narrative to improve the User Experience of Jamf product offerings
- Work collaboratively to test proposed look and feel initiatives
- Generate insights that influence product positioning, feature design and brand messaging
- Inspire teams with creative and compelling presentation of your results and findings
- Collaborate on defining design methodologies and the user experience research discipline Jamf
- Proactively seek out new data-centric methods, techniques, and opportunities to test hypotheses to create a shared understanding of our users
- 5+ years' experience storytelling with data verbally and visually (Required)
- 7+ years' experience conducting user experience research across multiple methodologies (emphasis on one-on-one interviews, usability studies, and ethnographic research) experimental design, methodology selection, debriefing, facilitation, participant recruiting/screener creation, and statistical/qualitative/quantitative analysis (Required)
- Experience with behavioral analysis, BI platforms and analytics tools (Preferred)
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree (Preferred) in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, User Experience Design or related field.
- A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered
How we help you reach your best potential:
- We are progressive, but laid back. You are free to be you and work how you work best. Here, you manage your own day and your own work style.
- Be your own self-starter. We support each other no doubt, but we thrive taking initiative and are empowered to roll up our sleeves, dig in, and push forward.
- Everyone has a voice and everyone can make a difference, our more than 90% employee retention rate agrees!
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us at a 96% customer retention rate
- Ability to support and give back to your community through volunteer paid time off.
- Ability to grow in your professional career through advancement opportunities, including tuition reimbursement for those obtaining a degree.
- 20 of the Top 25 Fortune 500 companies rely on Jamf to do their best work.
- We are relentless, but we are selfless. You can create and be creative, dig in, break it down, and troubleshoot to help others make sense of technology.
- Best – in – class training in professional growth and product knowledge.
You are the right kind of Jamf if:
You go above and beyond for others, genuine and willing to help, always. You support the team around you, you don't point fingers or pass blame. You take responsibility for your actions, are open, and respect others. You value different perspectives, in how you work and how you learn. You are naturally inquisitive, like to create and be creative. You are a problem solver, curious and resourceful, self-driven and constantly improving. You roll up your sleeves and dig in. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You're not a jerk. You put people first. You are a good person, someone who just wants to do the right thing.
Our mission is simple; we help organizations succeed with Apple. At Jamf, we put people first. We focus on the human before we focus on the technology. We are just good people that have it in their gut to do what's right – for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
Get social with us: Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter & YouTube