Senior Mechatronics Engineer
- Performs mechatronics engineering calculations and analyses to model and predict technologies in preparation of commercialization
- Leads/participates in Design Reviews, Risk assessments and technology reviews
- Subject matter expert in developed innovations
- Utilizes laboratory and field test data to correlate and validate analytical models.
- Utilizes experience from the development of mechanized, robotically engineered and commercially viable technologies
- Understands technology trends; providing recommendations and opportunities for future technology developments
- Create cutting-edge, leading industry technologies capable of being commercialized.
- Conceptual, visual, physical and analytical creation of new technologies within the mechanized cleaning industry
- Identify customer needs either through direct observations, ethnographic research reports, Product Management direction, etc. and translate these into technical ideas, requirements and ultimately prototype concepts, products or solutions
- Develop validation plans and validation cases to evaluate business value and performance of new technologies
- Coordinate or partner to develop and execute field test research, and develop reports to various stakeholders
- Review and author patents and other intellectual property documents
- Follow Technology Scouting methodologies to investigate new and emerging technologies
- Perform technical due-diligence to evaluate third-party providers of new technologies
- Develop in a fast prototyping mindset
- Communicate results and findings of ATD activities in a format and language expected by the various stakeholders
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 8 years of design engineering experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience with mechatronics system design and controls preferred
- Broad technical knowledge in the design and development of electro-mechanical systems with additional knowledge in Robotics, Systems or Controls Engineering
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make data based decisions.
- Working knowledge with computer aided design software (SolidWorks preferred).
- Strong communication of technical performance in both written and verbal presentations to stakeholders