The Senior Marketing Automation Specialist is responsible for the execution and support of communications through Salesforce Marketing Cloud and other ESPs. This role will rely on his or her experience to implement solutions that follow best practices for all email platforms and clients, deliverability, render optimization, and all email delivery rules and regulations. They will partner closely with Marketing Managers and IT to create digital solutions.
This is an individual contributor role with mentoring responsibility. This person must be able to provide solutions to complex problems. This individual does not have direct reports but is expected to positively influence team members and internal stakeholders on Marketing Automation.
Be part of a fast-growing team with an opportunity for career development!
- At Be The Match you will be supporting the Digital Operations team in managing the Marketing Cloud platform.
- Create and deploy custom solutions in Marketing Cloud using advanced SQL and AMPScript – for example, custom preference center
- Manage updates and maintenance of Marketing Cloud data model.
- Support the enhancement of Marketing Cloud including applying new features and tactics, onboarding new business units and updating existing processes.
- Assist in building integrations between Marketing Cloud and third-party platforms.
- Create data extensions with a variety of methods to build accurate audiences.
- Play a key role in solution design – including planning and leading discovery and solution sessions and designing and presenting marketing automation solutions to business partners based on best practices.
- Consult on best practices for marketing automation platforms and processes.
- Implementation of proposed solutions, throughout build, testing and go-live, including:
- Setting up automated targeted marketing journeys and nurture tracks
- Setting up Email & Mobile marketing campaigns
- Setting up landing pages & tracking tools
- With other members of the team, shares responsibility for troubleshooting and supporting the health of the systems we maintain.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform: Email Studio, Journey Builder, Interaction Studio, Mobile Studio, Automation Studio, Ad Studio, Marketing Cloud Connector and Cloud Pages.
- Deep understanding of marketing automations strategy, creation, and execution.
- Experience writing advanced SQL queries for complex data models.
- Expertise in using AMPScript in Marketing Cloud to facilitate personalization and cross-cloud synchronization.
- Understanding of CAN-SPAM, GDPR.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics 360, Salesforce CRM and Salesforce Communities.
- Must be able to thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent time management with the ability to prioritize multiple projects at one time.
- Communicate strongly and effectively with peers and leaders.
- Continuously drive for results.
- Proven ability to think quickly and strategically to resolve conflicts.
- Strong desire to learn and try new things.
- Comfortable working with both Marketing and IT.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or related associates degree and 2 years of demonstrated success in working directly with email implementation in robust email service provider. However, upon evaluation, equivalent related experience and/or education may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Experience with ESPs/marketing automation tools - Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Pardot and/or Mail Chimp.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Additional qualifications that may make a person even more effective in the role, but are not required for consideration)
- Certification in Salesforce or Pardot.
- Experience with Non-profit email marketing is a plus.
- Experience with analytics tools such as Google Analytics is a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile Methodology and concepts is desired.