ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Senior Analytics Consultant – Risk Adjustment is responsible for identifying key patterns and trends in underlying member illness burden, developing models to identify under or over diagnosed illness in population and evaluating risk adjustment programs.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand analytics needs, develop plans to address those needs, and deliver analytics to meet those needs.
- Run and Maintain Risk Adjustment Models using SAS EG software, produce descriptive and predictive analyses that provide insight into member illness burden, evaluate risk adjustment activities to assess impact.
- Bring together multiple sources of complex data to design and develop reports that answer a business question.
- Investigate key business problems by analyzing data to identify patterns and trends, translating the analysis into insights, and using the results to define opportunities to drive business action.
- Expand expertise in core areas of health care data, including traditional claims data, real-time provider data, and novel sources of data related to consumer experience and the social determinants of health.
- Produce clear and concise summaries of analytical findings for easy consumption by a variety of audiences through a variety of media: presentations, email summaries, executive summaries, and oral discussions.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Data Science or a related field is required; Ten (10) or more years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Five (5) years of business intelligence or analytics experience is required
- One (1) year experience with Risk Adjustment Models for ACA or Medicare Advantage is required.
- One (1) year or more of health care industry experience or experience in a similar industry setting is preferred.
- Advanced level of expertise with at least one of the following analytic tools, including SQL, SAS, R, Python and Tableau.
- Analytics or Actuarial experience in the Healthcare field is preferred.
- Comfortable speaking both ‘business’ and ‘data’ with our internal teams and external vendors to understand business questions, develop ways to answer those questions, and communicate those answers to stakeholders
- Possesses analytic rigor that appropriately matches the business need, and you do not compromise on strong data management practices
- Dedicates exacting attention to detail and data quality
- Employs strong data validation practices
- Well-versed in analytics competencies, processes, and tools
- Experience with health care and consumer data highly desirable
- Eager learner, collaborative partner, easy communicator, and careful analyst
- Passion for empirical research and answering hard questions with data
- Possesses skills that span the analytics spectrum, including ‘baseline’ skills such as data management practices, ability to gather and influence requirements in an iterative process, develop reports, and interpret results to recommend action
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Some travel may be required.
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
Bright Health is tripling its footprint in 2019 to offer a variety of health insurance plans to more individuals. Bright Health operates health insurance offerings across Individual and Family Plan segments and the Medicare Advantage space in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, New York and Tennessee.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.