ABOUT SICK: SICK is one of the world's leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems, and automatic identification products for industrial applications. Whether automating factories or optimizing distribution centers, SICK provides cost-effective solutions. We have been a technology leader for more than 70 years and with more than 50 global subsidiaries, SICK has a presence all over the world. Leveraging a history of innovation, our company has pioneered a long line of industry firsts‑such as the first safety light curtain, the first color sensor, and many more.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position has primary responsibility for supporting key users, process/requirement analysis, , rollout, testing and training activities. Depending on skill level and demand it includes as well customizing and development.
- Support the American subsidiaries key user community and liaise with them on incidents, process issues and resolution.
- Serve as a liaison alongside the business and IT counterparts to global headquarters in supporting the global process standards.
- Serve as a regional multiplier in the specific module Process User Group
- Rectify incidents within SAP applications, support SAP modules with corresponding internal and external interfaces.
- Build and further develop the specific module community among the Key-Users (hold regular key-user meetings, track topics, etc.)
- Proactive in gathering and understanding of business process and recommend improvements where feasible.
- Prepare and document incidents, functional issues, requests for information, problems, service and change requests from business users.
- Provide sufficient SAP support, documentation and training for users in all facets of the day to day operational activities and escalate the tickets to the next level as required.
- Analyze technical and procedural issues for root cause analysis and implement or recommend improvements to avoid future occurrences.
- Analyze business requirements, create POC concepts and implement solutions in SAP if required or assigned by headquarters.
- Provide reporting and forms.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent degree or Bachelor's degree with extensive module knowledge and process experience.
- Master's degree highly preferred.
- 3+ years of SAP super-user experience.
- Experience working within an SAP ECC 6.0 global environment and working with ABAP debugging preferred.
- Understanding of integration with other SAP Modules.
- Able to work with a SICK global IT headquarter departments and with functional teams with SICK AG.
- Ability to understand and interpret business requirements, document and translate into Technical Requirement documents.
- Experience prioritizing, trouble shooting and resolving global tickets based on business impact through global ticketing tool.
- Able to participate in SAP projects and complete work tasks assigned through tools, like JIRA or others.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work alone and as a team member.
- Good interpersonal communication and problem solving skills.
- Prior project management experience preferred.
- Good analytical, logical problem solving skills with the ability to understand new tasks quickly.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio).
- Legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Able and willing to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed.
- Able to work in a general office environment.
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships. If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the “Apply Online“ button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V