Careers that Change Lives
Bring your sales talents to an industry leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions – we're a market leader and growing every day. You can be proud to sell medical technologies that are rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation. Our expanding portfolio delivers measurable clinical and economic value – and opens doors. You will be empowered to shape your own career. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Together, we can transform healthcare.
Join us for a career in sales that changes lives.
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Promotes and sells Medtronic's Spinal/Biologics products and services within an assigned geographic area and /or specific customer accounts to meet or exceed sales targets.
- Responsible for developing, building, and strengthening long-term relationships with stakeholders including surgeons and hospital staff.
- Responsible for pursuing leads, assessing needs and providing product services to maximize the benefits derived from Medtronic's Spinal/Biologics products and/or services.
- Works in collaboration with Clinical Specialist Team to ensure 'Optimal Clinical Outcomes'.
- Promotes and establishes education of the company's products and/or services.
- Conducts and/or evaluates market research including customers and competitors activities.
- Develops and/or implements market development plans/strategies and changes as needed.
- Assesses customer needs and feedback regarding new products and/or modifications to existing products and communicates to internal stakeholders including R&D, Operations and Marketing.
- Establishes effective relationships and collaborates with other departments
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED AND a minimum of 9 year's of sales experience with 7 of those 9 years in medical sales, or 7 year's of Medtronic RTG (Pain, Brain or Spine) Clinical Specialist experience; or
- Associate's Degree AND a minimum of 7 year's of sales experience with 5 of those 7 years in medical sales, or 5 year's of Medtronic RTG (Pain, Brain or Spine) Clinical Specialist experience; or
- Bachelor's degree AND a minimum of 5 year's of sales experience with 3 of those 5 years in medical sales, or 3 years of Medtronic RTG (Pain, Brain or Spine) Clinical Specialist or Sales Rep I experience along with 2 years of additional prior sales or clinical experience.
Nice to Have
- Ortho or Spine experience preferred.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy. In addition, your driving record will be reviewed and will be considered as part of your application.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.